Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best of the Biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In this thread we're discussing everything "biz" related.

Selfishly I would like to make this thread the largest resource center for everything "biz".

We can discuss the different "biz" projects you are working on.

We can discuss "biz" branding methods.

We can discuss potential upsides and downsides to the TLD ending. Note: Flamers Welcomed--Try and disparage "Broker.biz" as opposed to "MyOwnBrokerBiz.com!!

This is a no-spin thread. Facts and only Facts. "Biz" is going to have an uphill battle to become "mainstream"--we ALL know that. Any new TLD is not guaranteed success. It takes people using their newly minted domains (en masse) to become popular. Notwithstanding, it takes a long time to do this. We just have to find out when "Critical Mass" will happen.

Anyways, we needed a "biz" thread. Would be cool if we could have a "biz forum", but in the interim this will do just fine.

izopod

biz profile:

Sites: http://www.protection.biz and http://www.circle.biz (still in development)

Biz Marketing plan: Generic, Generic, Generic biz's. Sorry MyBigBusiness.biz. My feeling is that long, non-generic biz's will have a hard time in the marketplace. Short generic biz's will enjoy "name recognition with a twist"...

Biz Outlook: If enough business owners who can't get a decent dot com look to biz we will have "critical mass" in a few years time. I've noticed NetSol heavily promoting dot biz. Remember they are a "business" friendly registar. They smell new revenue source. When a well runs dry you don't keep sending the bucket down for more water. You look to new areas to develop. This is business 101.

Biz Philosophy: As business is to offline, "biz" is to online.

Favorite Biz names I don't have: Broker.biz, Stock.biz, Accounting.biz, WallStreet.biz, and Travel.biz

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Favorite Biz names I do own

Posters.Biz
:)

Kio.Biz
Guilty.Biz

As with any extension..the key is building.. the more web sites the better the pubic awareness. When you are using the search engines and start seeing .Biz being pulled up in the results..then you know that extension has "made it" .

And the inherent value of that domain rises.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The favourites I own:

politicians.biz
fishers.biz
freaks.biz
bigbass.biz
wombats.biz
crayfish.biz
swappers.biz
HawaiianHoliday.biz

I have a few others but they are adult related and I'm not really liking them anymore. :)

Just out of interest, can you legally sell a .biz? I thought there was something that said you had to own it for a certain length of time or something?

BTW izopod - thanks for this thread. :)

M

mole

I didn't like .BIZ initially, but successfully grabbed over 30 premium keyword domains for my industry in the landrush and first 3 hrs of the opening bell. It's about as near a perfect set as anyone can hope for.

I'm developing them into a namespace network for the industry I work in, which turns around US$400 Billion a year.

Looking back at those crazy landrush days, I have never regretted my decision. I wake up every morning and each day, my .biz set keeps looking better and better :)

BIZ is a common vernacular in the industry I work in, used by many high-powered industry leaders. I honestly don't understand why some people look at it and think its a piece of cheese :confused:

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea I think the .biz is good industry but you have to have the right name with the .biz or it sucks.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple .Biz

TheAffiliate.Biz (This one requires no slogan.. it's easily understood.. It's my fav of the few .Biz I own)

Also have:
3Gtech.Biz
3GBroadband.Biz
and a Tokyo misspell Tokoyo (that was a mistake/blooper)

I believe the .Biz extension has great potential, and it's only scratching the surface. Keeping the 'prefix' generic, short and 'biz' related are key factors to a great name in a .Biz extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom