Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best or Cheapest place to renew .info's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I can currently renew my .info's at Registerfly for 6.00 each... does anyone know a cheaper site that offers the same services... e.g.... dns management, forwarding and free pushes.

Thanks,
Dave

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's probably the reason I have so many names at registerfly. Their transfer specials at $6.00 that come along every couple months make it cheaper to transfer there than renew elsewhere. Even at enom.com themselves.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerfly is just "ok" as a registrar/reseller.

To save $ .95, it is not worth it to me to put anymore names into Registerfly.

If you only want a location to store your names. And, you are not going to
visit the site often. Then, Registerfly would be a good choice.

However, my experiences with Registerfly has not be overly positive.
But, They are not as bad of some of the others.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Registerfly is just "ok" as a registrar/reseller.

To save $ .95, it is not worth it to me to put anymore names into Registerfly.

If you only want a location to store your names. And, you are not going to
visit the site often. Then, Registerfly would be a good choice.

However, my experiences with Registerfly has not be overly positive.
But, They are not as bad of some of the others.
Yes agreed.

For another $1 put them somewhere else, unless you don't care much for the names. I really don't like regfly myself.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a few probems early on at RF, but nothing major recently. The worst problems I've had is their general $7.99 specials over-riding my $7.25 bulk pricing. They have fixed it promptly when it's happened though. For a while, I was getting some sales of their domain marketplace, but they have burried it since they put a new look to the site and those sale have mostly disappeared. I have a $6.95 enom account, but by the time you deduct the 3% for paying by paypal or credit card you are really paying $7.19 which is almost the same as RF. The $.06 difference it worth it to me for the domain marketplace and the simple RF domain push to an email address to a new buyer.

I recommend no one use solely one registar. I have 300 or more domains at at least 3 registrars and up to 30 at another 3 or 4. In doing so, you can take advantage of special pricing on transfers, registrations, and renewals from each. When you get up to a couple hundred or more domains, they will almost all give you special pricing. Also, if one ever gives you trouble, the fear of losing a number of domains to another can give you some leverage.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big registerfly fan myself, but for 6 bucks it's worth it to me... the difference in renewing a hundred names at $600 and $700 is pretty significant to me.

I purchased their hosting for 35 for a year and am very unhappy with the email service... I am receiving email ok to my address... but outgoing emails are taking 12-24 hrs to be delivered (sometimes even longer).

Just signed up for unlimited domains hosting elsewhere, hope registerfly will refund my money.

Dave

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
StrictlyNames said:
I purchased their hosting for 35 for a year and am very unhappy with the email service... I am receiving email ok to my address... but outgoing emails are taking 12-24 hrs to be delivered (sometimes even longer).

Two tips:

Never buy domains from hosting companies.
Never buy hosting from domain registrars.

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks adoptable... i kinda knew that in the back of my mind, but my impluse buying kicked in.

Living and learning,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom