Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best place for .ca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking to invest in about 300 .ca domains and I was wondering which place in the best to register for a U.S. citizen? I have never owned a .ca, so I would appreciate any and all help.

Also, how does .ca rank with search engines both in the U.S. and Canada?

I appreciate any and all suggestions!

Thanks,
-Mike C.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you won't qualify unless you're a Canadian resident or citizen.
If you're really motivated you could incorporate locally but frankly the .ca market is struggling imo.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you won't qualify unless you're a Canadian resident or citizen.
If you're really motivated you could incorporate locally but frankly the .ca market is struggling imo.

I am actually only interested in purchasing for development purposes, not for resale. I am actually thinking about incorporating in Canada as this is what I have been suggested by others via PM.

Anyone know the costs of doing this and what I should be aware of before incorporating in Canada, from a U.S. perspective?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am actually only interested in purchasing for development purposes, not for resale. I am actually thinking about incorporating in Canada as this is what I have been suggested by others via PM.

Anyone know the costs of doing this and what I should be aware of before incorporating in Canada, from a U.S. perspective?

Unless you've got a friend or relative that's a Canadian citizen, corporation is your best bet.

Ontario incorporation is $360. You'll need an Ontario address to successfully maintain the corporation, which is where the help of a registered agent comes in.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a really good friend/business associate in Toronto. I am going to speak with him about setting something up.

Thank you all for your helpful responses.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what type of industry are you looking at developing?

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't get into specifics on that. My partners and I purchased about 200 related .com's yesterday and plan on purchasing another 300 more .com's as well as .ca's - once we purchase, many will be aware of the industry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom