Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best Place to sell a Premium Portfolio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conanfx

ConanPravasi.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi!
wave.gif

I own a bunch of pronounceable LLL.com's and was wondering if anybody knew how/where to sell a premium portfolio.
I dont want to list the names on forums and sell them individually. Rather I want to sell them as One Bulk Deal.
Also I believe that listing domains on a forum reduces their value.

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
smile.gif

Conan

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to sell portfolio to an end user because most likely they only need one name.
Your best bet would be sell to resellers but remember what is premium to you will not be premium to others.
It does not matter what type of product that you try to market - Wholesale price is always lower than retail price.

List them here - We have a couple Buyers with deep pocket. You never know.

Good luck!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, thanks a lot for outing me, Johnn ! LMAO ..... :?:

and the other dude will be upset too.... you're in trouble, mod guy ......LMFAO :nono:

...... We have a couple Buyers with deep pocket. You never know. Good luck!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!
wave.gif

I own a bunch of pronounceable LLL.com's and was wondering if anybody knew how/where to sell a premium portfolio.

if what you say is true, then you should have already received some offers for them.

unless you have privacy and are not responding to inquiries

you can also list them on sedo, dns or other venues

however, if you sell bulk, don't expect max roi

personally, i would not use a broker, unless you just don't want to or don't have time for back and forth negotiations

imo...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ConanFX, dude - And just who has been advising you or whose articles do you learn from exactly ? EuroTrash (aka EuroDNS) ? ... lol, sorry but there are a couple of flaws with your reasoning IMHO. I know brokers can make your life simpler for a hefty fee but you should not consider a broker as the #1 choice, you may find out you didn't need him after all in the end....you'd be left with more money if you act w/o a broker, Sedo takes plenty from sellers but the selling price may be worth it, for example

Listing on forums (especially on DNF) will not decrease the value of a good domain, you wouldn't be sounding desperate and a few people roaming DNF are loaded, no joke there. Selling on forums takes patience, I grant you that - but you shoud list them on multiple places. Make sure the webpage has an active For Sale link and that the email address in the WHOIS works, as biggedon says you should be getting enquiries directly to begin with

I get that you want to sell them all at once, you must have your reasons, but like Johnn said that will work against you, period. All pronounceable LLL.com's in the same lot screams big domainer with cash to burn (maybe even a pro), there is no way an end user would buy all of them. And if the buyer is a domainer they will not pay full market prices for any one domain, let alone for a pack of domains, it's human nature - you sell in bulk, you get bulk prices. They're great names so sell them individually to get the max out of each. Sedo is the obvious choice of all marketplaces but list on others too (Sedo attracts rich buyers from overseas like no other, namely Pac Rim and Middle east, Europe too)

......I own a bunch of pronounceable LLL.com's and was wondering if anybody knew how/where to sell a premium portfolio. I dont want to list the names on forums and sell them individually. Rather I want to sell them as One Bulk Deal. Also I believe that listing domains on a forum reduces their value......

Last edited:

conanfx

ConanPravasi.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your inputs. I really dont believe in brokers out there. Their brokerage agreements are one sided and only offer protection to the broker.

As some of you mentioned, yes I do get offers on a daily basis. Sometimes 2 per day and sometimes 20. My domains have good traffic but I havent tried parking them because there's a chance of getting hit with the UDRP.

Last edited by a moderator:

conanfx

ConanPravasi.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ConanFX, dude - And just who has been advising you or whose articles do you learn from exactly ? EuroTrash (aka EuroDNS) ? ... lol, sorry but there are a couple of flaws with your reasoning IMHO. I know brokers can make your life simpler for a hefty fee but you should not consider a broker as the #1 choice, you may find out you didn't need him after all in the end....you'd be left with more money if you act w/o a broker, Sedo takes plenty from sellers but the selling price may be worth it, for example

Listing on forums (especially on DNF) will not decrease the value of a good domain, you wouldn't be sounding desperate and a few people roaming DNF are loaded, no joke there. Selling on forums takes patience, I grant you that - but you shoud list them on multiple places. Make sure the webpage has an active For Sale link and that the email address in the WHOIS works, as biggedon says you should be getting enquiries directly to begin with

I get that you want to sell them all at once, you must have your reasons, but like Johnn said that will work against you, period. All pronounceable LLL.com's in the same lot screams big domainer with cash to burn (maybe even a pro), there is no way an end user would buy all of them. And if the buyer is a domainer they will not pay full market prices for any one domain, let alone for a pack of domains, it's human nature - you sell in bulk, you get bulk prices. They're great names so sell them individually to get the max out of each. Sedo is the obvious choice of all marketplaces but list on others too (Sedo attracts rich buyers from overseas like no other, namely Pac Rim and Middle east, Europe too)

Yes I agree with you. I have decided not to sell them as a portfolio but individually. I have them listed on sedo/afternic but most of the offers i get are ridiculous on those platforms. I only get serious offers on my email address listed on the whois.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you should also be getting many offers thru the for sale link you must have on your pages too, make sure it works.....snap names may work as a marketplace too, and don't forget go daddy, not the highest offers but millions see their listings

Yes I agree with you. I have decided not to sell them as a portfolio but individually. I have them listed on sedo/afternic but most of the offers i get are ridiculous on those platforms. I only get serious offers on my email address listed on the whois.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My domains have good traffic but I havent tried parking them because there's a chance of getting hit with the UDRP.

that's an unfounded notion,

there is no point in owning if not monetizing

as additional value could be assessed based on ppc revenues

one just has to monitor ads, if worried about infringement.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom