Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best type of site to start? Most Lucrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOwner

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello to all :humble:

What I am asking is...
what is the best/most lucrative type of website to start nowdays?

Is it best to just buy a domain like...
Example: InjuryLawyers.com (or any high paying adsense keyword domain)and put in a lot of content about injury lawyers and trials etc...
...and of course put in Google Adsense about it and make money off the clicks of high paying keywords.

Or is a Forum the best way to make money (I would think it would be the most hard) however you always have "return" traffic with a forum of course.

So to put it SIMPLE...
I am asking WHAT IS THE THE MOST LUCRATIVE type of website to start in the industry right now/near future.

Thanks!

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Service/Information websites. They will be much easier to monetize than a forum.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
entertainment works for me!

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mobile/games/ringtones

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luxuries!

Well as you se. we all have different preferences about what it is easy to make money in and you will have to find the field tht suits and interests you.

And content over forums any day ;-)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets not forget about sex/entertainment :)

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beastiality converts really good from what I have heared. If I were you I would make tons of beastiality sites.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forums may be the worse way to make money..they are sort of like restaurants...high failure rate with incredible amount of investment to get one started...however if a forums takes off the skies the limit.

The current fad for lucrative sites appears to be myspace and arcades. I am not sure how long that will last though.

Consider just finding a subject you understand very well or are passionate about then get the best domain you can (even if you have to pay) and start getting content on it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Consider just finding a subject you understand very well or are passionate about then get the best domain you can (even if you have to pay) and start getting content on it.

Best advice I've heard all month.

Forums are actually pretty easy to start...and if you use free software they are really cheap too. Obviously its hit or miss, but they have a ton of potential...just look at DNF :greensmile:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Start with some topic you understand best, so you can offer some informations about. More lucrative = bigger competition. Find your niche, what you will have fun doing it and the money comes...

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, forums don't make that much money. I have a few and they sometimes make $10/day on a good day, but my forums are not huge, a few 1000 members. The reason I love forums is that you can promote your other money making sites, like an arcade site, for free! I can start up any type of site that has no traffic and then have then hoping with all kinds of traffic in a few weeks/months. Thats where I make my money is with my free promotions/ads on my forums. :eek:k:

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beastiality converts really good from what I have heared. If I were you I would make tons of beastiality sites.

LOL. classic.

I agree with everyone else -pick something you like and are good at, unless the topic is free stuff, britney spears pics or other similar low $ topics.

I have a site about a high dollar sector, and it is a pain in the neck - no fun to work on, update or think about.

Find somewhere in the middle, and be ready to put a lot of time into it.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forums are great money, especially in high paying markets. I don't think they're any harder than starting up any other site from scratch. If anything, to me, they're more rewarding b/c you have a higher rate of returning visitors, people adding free content everyday (posts), word of mouth advertising tends to be quicker, and sometimes you have members more devoted to the forum than you are :) Research your competitors and offer services or features they don't - for any site/business - not just forums.

Most lucrative, obviously stick to the top paying keywords. Yes, a million people are already involved, but you can still get traffic, and all you need is 2/3 clicks a day or just 1 lead per day, and you can have $3k+ month content site(s). Even if you can't acquire a high paying keyword domain with traffic, you can still do this. SEO, paid advertising, link exchanges,etc. If you don't know SEO, then that's when the saying "it takes money to make money" comes in. You'll need to advertise.

Make sure you have an interest in your developments..even if your only interest is the money..stay motivated.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, very true DV. That is another good point about forums.

DomainLoot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
local, local, local... business/community directory.

it actually took me 5 years to figure it out. :duh:

i can't compete with the BIG BOYS on the BIG TOPICS, and they can't compete with me LOCALLY. ;)

works for me.

cheers.

TheOwner

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow, great advice!
Thank you very much!
I will def put these tips to work.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainLoot said:
local, local, local... business/community directory.

it actually took me 5 years to figure it out. :duh:

i can't compete with the BIG BOYS on the BIG TOPICS, and they can't compete with me LOCALLY. ;)

works for me.

cheers.

Actually that's a very good idea!

Its really tough to start a forum for a certain make/model of car when there are already 5 other ones out there.

However, if you start one for your province/state/country, it's much easier...

TheOwner

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
^exactly what Im after...
my passion is cars as well.
I already have a local car club forum.
but yes I'm going to try and branch off into a certain make.model in my state.
thanks fellas!

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watched a few local import racing forums go from 100 to 5k members within a few months, so there is surely a demand for local based websites as domainloot was saying.

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
Most lucrative, obviously stick to the top paying keywords. Yes, a million people are already involved, but you can still get traffic, and all you need is 2/3 clicks a day or just 1 lead per day, and you can have $3k+ month content site(s). Even if you can't acquire a high paying keyword domain with traffic, you can still do this. SEO, paid advertising, link exchanges,etc. If you don't know SEO, then that's when the saying "it takes money to make money" comes in. You'll need to advertise.

This is true? How is that possible? Which keywords will pay that much? Somebody help me out with this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom