Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best way to approach domain owner??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie35

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's a 1-word, 11 character, .com domain name that's already owned by someone else that I would love to purchase from him.

It's essentially a shorter version of my current website's domain name and is a very popular, everyday term.

Currently, he just has the domain name redirecting to another website of his however this other site appears to be outdated as well and I honestly don't think he's keeping up on it anymore.

So I want to approach him with an offer however I've never done this before. I don't want to seem like I'm too excited in aquiring the name in fear that he jacks the price way up on me however I also don't want to make such a low-ball offer that he outright dismisses it.

Anyone have any experience in handling something like this?

Thanks.

-Goalie35

H

H2FC

A few kind words and appreciation for his name will open the door. Try to have the other party put the price on it first. Its always better that way for the buyer...or the seller. Then you at least know what he wants and how far apart you are. Always be friendly with your counter offers and try to offer some good reasons for them. Always try to make friends. Its the best policy. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom