Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best way to manage your e-mails !

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooga

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello guys !

Hope you're all good today!

I'm posting this message as I’m getting extremely confused in regards to dealing with email messages, contact information and calendar data...

Let me summarize briefly; I am a freelancer/webmaster for a few sites that I own and manage. It turns that I have about 10 E-mails that I have to deal with on a daily basis, they range from my personal email to my site's emails or client's sites e-mail ! To put it short this is the kind of emails I have:

[email protected]
[email protected] * 3
[email protected] * 3

Bear with me on this one...

So I retrieve all the messages by POP using Microsoft Oulook which is installed on my laptop. On top of messages, I also use MS Outlook to store my personal and private contacts and meetings (Calendar).

The problem is as follows, should I loose my laptop, I would loose all my e-mails, contacts etc! The other problem is that as I work in different offices and on different devices my data is never synchronised...

I am looking for a solution that could help me synchronise all my data (E-Mail, calendar, contacts) on whatever device I may be (Desktop, Laptop, Mobile...) and a solution that will make my life easier in general...

I have heard of Microsoft Exchange but I'm not too sure if this is the right solution. The funny thing is that many of my colleagues and acquaintances are in the same position but no one I know has a solution for this problem; I am sure you guys will have a solution..

Your comments, your opinions, and your feedback would be mostly appreciated!

Sam

Domain Days 2024

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you dont have a problem paying you could signup at runbox.com , they charge around 50$ / year for email service and also give file storage space.

you could put in all your pop email accounts in runbox and it will retrieve all the mails , you could setup that each email account email go to a seperate folder and you can even reply with your pop email address as the from address .

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
krooga said:
I am looking for a solution that could help me synchronise all my data (E-Mail, calendar, contacts) on whatever device I may be (Desktop, Laptop, Mobile...) and a solution that will make my life easier in general...
I too am in exactly the same situation as you. I use Outlook Express for all my emails, on my laptop, but I would like to have them synchronised with my desktop too.
Also I'm probably going to get rid of this laptop I'm using at the moment and get a MacBookPro. Then I won't even have OE, so I'll need some other solution :worried:

So yeah I'd like an answer to this problem too :)

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hehe I already use that too. I have a gmail account, a rarely used hotmail account and rarely used yahoo account, and then my 14 POP3 email accounts :/

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with using Gmail then?

You should use something centralized like Gmail. It's also free and with 2GB or more space it's more than you may ever need.

I personally do mail forwards to one pop box. When I am on my laptop I retrieve info but 'leave messages on server' so that when I get them later on my desktop they can be erased. I use Opera's mail client and it's been excellent for my needs. I get over 200 emails a day (150 spam) with no problems.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
krooga said:
Hello guys !

Hope you're all good today!

I'm posting this message as I’m getting extremely confused in regards to dealing with email messages, contact information and calendar data...

Let me summarize briefly; I am a freelancer/webmaster for a few sites that I own and manage. It turns that I have about 10 E-mails that I have to deal with on a daily basis, they range from my personal email to my site's emails or client's sites e-mail ! To put it short this is the kind of emails I have:

[email protected]
[email protected] * 3
[email protected] * 3

Bear with me on this one...

So I retrieve all the messages by POP using Microsoft Oulook which is installed on my laptop. On top of messages, I also use MS Outlook to store my personal and private contacts and meetings (Calendar).

The problem is as follows, should I loose my laptop, I would loose all my e-mails, contacts etc! The other problem is that as I work in different offices and on different devices my data is never synchronised...

I have heard of Microsoft Exchange but I'm not too sure if this is the right solution. The funny thing is that many of my colleagues and acquaintances are in the same position but no one I know has a solution for this problem; I am sure you guys will have a solution..

Your comments, your opinions, and your feedback would be mostly appreciated!

Sam

Whats the most shocking about this whole situation is you are only having to deal with 10 emails - 10!?!?!?

Ive been using MS Exchange for years... one of the best platforms Ive ever used., it has it's quirks but it gets the job done. Other options include Citrix Server / Terminal Services ( I can log into my server at home via my Ipaq )

Best of luck

krooga

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thank you for all your responses, very interesting. In reply to "dsturbed'"s comment, I deal with 10 emails, 8 of those being my client's webmaster's contact ([email protected], [email protected] etc...). Other emails are "Catch all" and are redirected to the most appropriate one.

I have seriously considered using Gmail, nevertheless unless i'm wrong, all outgoing email adresses will be sent from [email protected]. This is a major issue for me as I require emails to be sent from specific domains, to comply with my clients.

I have tried MS Exchange, seems to be the perfect tool though it seems it is impossible to configure more then 1 email per box, or any POP3 accounts should I say.

Your insight is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic,

Best,

Sam

P10n33R

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
krooga said:
Hey guys,
Thank you for all your responses, very interesting. In reply to "dsturbed'"s comment, I deal with 10 emails, 8 of those being my client's webmaster's contact ([email protected], [email protected] etc...). Other emails are "Catch all" and are redirected to the most appropriate one.

I have seriously considered using Gmail, nevertheless unless i'm wrong, all outgoing email adresses will be sent from [email protected]. This is a major issue for me as I require emails to be sent from specific domains, to comply with my clients.

I have tried MS Exchange, seems to be the perfect tool though it seems it is impossible to configure more then 1 email per box, or any POP3 accounts should I say.

Your insight is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic,

Best,

Sam

You can set up Gmail to send from any email address you have. You add it, they send you a verification email you click the link, then you can select what email address you want to send the email from.

-Michael

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
krooga said:
Hey guys,

I meant no offense by the statement, Just found it funny, considering I know of people that recieve no less than ~1200 emails per day. 10 would be a godsend.

krooga said:

MS Exchange is clearly not for the faint of heart. I hate configuring it. But I love using it. You can setup / configure it for all popular transmission protocols - but it all depends on your environment and needs. Security is also a big concern.

You could very well opt out of MS Exchange and deal with Remote Desktop too ... What OS are you running ?

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are recieving emails from support requests and contact forms on your website, you could cut them all out by installing help desk software, have gmail setup to store your regular email.

Have all email accounts to forward to gmail
and in gmail you can select what email address to send from

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Gmail as the central email service and forward all the different email accounts to Gmail. You can also setup different email accounts in Gmail to make it appear your sending email from each different email address.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can also use Yahoo mail as your central repository (which is what I do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom