Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best way to sell a dot me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carjamlangley

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So how does one go about selling a dot me? Through a broker? Through sedo? by going on forums and asking around?

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Selling .me domain is like selling any other domain.

- Contact end-users.
- List it in Domain Marketplaces (Sedo, Afternic, etc..)
- Offer it for sale on Domain Forums.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it depends on the name... but in general as E.G mentioned the same as any other domain.

good luck

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Selling is just like any other domain. You'd have to be a platinum member to sell on this forum though.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Start a Sedo auction.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
best way to sell .me ...pump it up as much as everything else... seems to work for some here.

carjamlangley

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. I've created a Sedo account and put my names up for auction, but I can't imagine that's all I'm suppose to do.

Is there a good website that takes newbies through this process step by step? I try not to spend $ so I like to stay away from ebooks.

Thanks again!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. I've created a Sedo account and put my names up for auction, but I can't imagine that's all I'm suppose to do.

Is there a good website that takes newbies through this process step by step? I try not to spend $ so I like to stay away from ebooks.

Thanks again!

Read DNForum is all here.
This forum is the best school you can go :)

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks again!

Nothing wrong with Ebooks or any other kinds of education...and if you ever want to make any money in this life time you should get rid of that way of thinking that you don't want to spend any money. I bet you spend money on all kinda of stuff that is not helping you in anyway like Alcohol, junk food, going to the movies taking women out to dinner, video games if you are like most people.

How much is your time worth? Would you rather spend hours and hours for days or weeks on end looking for your answers on a forum and free websites or buy a book/ebook/Video that could teach you in a few hours. You get what you pay for. I own over 1000 books in my library, and also video, audio courses as well.

And as someone that has written 2 ebooks and sold $500,000 worth of them I will tell you the research I put in and the other books I read took me months and even years of study in some cases. Now when some one pays me $47 are they getting a deal? You bet, but they are more than welcome to do it the hard way like I did.

And no I have not written on domaining yet. After I make my first million selling domains I will. So far I am only up to about $300K

dab81

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Start a Sedo auction.

well, will let you know when mine ends!:undecided:

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks again!

Translation:
My time is only worth $5/hr so I'd rather learn the hard way or read hundreds of forum messages not knowing if the people even have a clue who's advice I'm taking. Because paying $50-$100 to to learn from someone else's hundreds of hours of experience and took the time to put it into a step by step formula it definitely out of the question.

You guys that think like this DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB! If buying books, courses, and classes is not for you then either is working for yourself and being an entrepreneur. I do not know one successful entrepreneur that does not spend thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars learning every year.

Funny people have money to buy crappy names and hope they sell them but now a few hundred bucks to learn how to do it right from others that have.

Go figure.

freedom30

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
best way to sell .me ...pump it up as much as everything else... seems to work for some here.

...in other words, translated into professional jargon, market your product. Pump it = marketing, nothing to be ashamed of and the adults in the audience know what that entails...good old-fashioned roll up one's sleeves work. Don't shy away from the taunts because you have a product to offer an enduser or another domainer. The ccTLD extensions are doing just fine in cyberspace, as per example from googling site presence:

.com - 25,270,000,000
.co.uk - 2,100,000,000
.it - 1,530,000,000
.de - 4,370,000,000
.in - 749,000,000
.tv - 579,000,000
.me - 574,000,000
.cc - 540,000,000

A few years back it was much less. A few years into the near future these ccTLD numbers will grow exponentially.The point being that somebody's buying 'em and somebody's using 'em...it ain't diminishing and as a matter of fact they are in a steady rate of growth and more endusers are happy with the name they have at the LEFT of the dot as they can't buy or afford the name in dot com.
The younger generation coming up today are not transfixed on .com like we were, probably because they are exposed to all the variations and see .com as just another extension. They do not and even younger users will not have the awe for the .com extension...that's fading into the past...

So good luck with your investments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom