Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware for RegisterFly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerfly.com has been redirecting expired domains to parking pages for a while now. I had several domains expire yesterday but planned to renew them this morning.

The bad news is, Registerfly.com has moved all of the GOOD .com's in redemtion out of my account so I can't renew them. Even though they only expired yesterday..

This is a warning, Registerfly.com is the new Network Solutions.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are just as horrible as when they operated out of a PO Box 5 years ago in New York.

I have never used them since, they are horrible.

-=DCG=-

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been moving out to GoDaddy personally. When a name comes up for renewal, I move it over.

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, i ordered bulk .info domains , emailed them 3 times, been 3 weeks, not even processed yet ! The cust supp is horrible.

then i moved to directi.com since they r the cheapest .info domains I think ? $1.11 /domain if u ever need them :)

also, a freind of mine has a quite good domain on reg fly that is almost expired but can still be renewed .the funny thing is they ask $XXX TO RENEW IT. jst move yr quality domains out probably ?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerfly support pushed the domains back into my account after I filed a support request.

Pay attention and don't let your names go into redemtion.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Send RegisterFly a support note. If the name isn't fully expired they will put it back into your account. I did this once anyway. Whay they remove it before the last minute, I'll never know.

It's better than Dot Registrar who just cancelled a bunch of names that I sold or let expire a year ago. I had to try to figure out what I had there manually. Last year I lost a bunch of good .INFOs as they didn't have them lisyted in my account! Directi is ebven worse but that's another story. I lost most of my domain that I had with them. I use Go Daddy primarily as their interface is excellent and they offer many free features. Unfortunately their ethics, like most registrars, are at times lacking.

I have yet to find a registrar that has good management facilities, security, and good ethics. Dotster's not awful and I have a couple hundred anmes there. At Go Daddy I don't recommend becoming a 'prefered customer' as that is sort of like making a deal at a used car dealer!

BTW - .INFO is $2.88 still at Dotster as of 2 days ago. It's full price at Go Daddy and Name Cheap now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For the love of God.

Why do people complain when it's their fault?

Want your domains intact?

Renew them - that is, pay the renewal fee BEFORE the domain expires.

For several years now we've been used to the "kiss ass" approach from Registrars that in order to compete with eachother they added all sorts of perks and whatnot.

Not anymore.

How to deal with it: keep track of your domains!

Use a spreadsheet, a database, a handwritten book if you must.

Renew them several years in advance. It's not the Registrar's fault - it's yours.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex - You're funny. You make a good point and your way of saying it cracks me up ... "For the love of God". :wink:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah yeah :-D

But seriously: I see this type of "Registrar ABC is screwing me" post too often.

"When you don't take care of your own business, the business won't take care of you"

~ ancient domain proverb

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are having problems with my dns nameservers. They can never get it right. I put in a ticket and they said its fixed, but looks like they never did anything! They are pretty bad, I never use them but now I had to because the name I bought was regged there. Can I transfer .us.com names between registers at all?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beware of Ford guys... My car ran out gas before I got around to filling up.

I see it the same way Acroplex does. Fill your tank before you are on E. (And by E, I mean EXPIRED!) :-D

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with acro on this one, but registerfly really is a pretty poor registrar. The low (and I mean rock-bottom low) prices are a giveaway that there is something "fishy" with this registrar. I once saw 2.99$ domains with them (yahoo domains anyone) and .75 cent .info's and every since I got that email I never used them. I hear a lot of heat over them from buyers, and I am glad I haven't used them.

I usually stick with godaddy.com Their interface won me over.

GodBlessYou

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont use them! They said the renewed one of my domains and it was expired and I lost it. I take no sides on this but they are pure 1800 crap.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
They are having problems with my dns nameservers. They can never get it right. I put in a ticket and they said its fixed, but looks like they never did anything! They are pretty bad, I never use them but now I had to because the name I bought was regged there. Can I transfer .us.com names between registers at all?

Since you mentioned the .us.com extension at regfly I have to tell this story.

I reged a .us.com and set nameservers to sedo , then after a few months moved it to goldkey , of course you have to put in a support ticket to get nameservers changed there on a .us.com name , so they go ahead and do that , well to this day exactly half the traffic goes to sedo and the other half goes to goldkey!

WTF!!

They claim the only nameservers on the domain are goldkey , and they can't figure it out. What if I tried to sell this domain , trying to tell people , ok well here is 2 screenshots of the same dates , one sedo and one goldkey?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
For the love of God.

Why do people complain when it's their fault?

Want your domains intact?

Renew them - that is, pay the renewal fee BEFORE the domain expires.

That was exactly my point. Don't count on the Terms of Service or the user agreement because registerfly.com will SELECTIVLEY move domains from your account and keep them.

Registerfly has numerous problems, here are a few I've had to deal with in the last four months,

1) Whois information changes AFTER a transfer so registerfly is listed as the registrant, billing, admin & tech contact.
2) DNS service changes
3) Names I didn't register listed in my account for renewal
4) Hosting stops working, forced to move domain to a new server for "technical reasons"

Use registerfly at your own risk

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
registerfly took my money and run !

i was trying to reg tm names, they took money, never gave me the names, kept money in my accaunt as a balance, never have responded on my email requests to debit back my ccard!

beware

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't trust it's control panel too... very buggy, not real time. Many domains listed, aren't with them anymore, and it lost one of my domains, because the expire date wasn't accurate, and the system never warned me that it was gonna expire. I always thought that I had one more year.
Domain lost, emails sent, no answer, domain lost for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom