Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware! GD Inflating TDNAM Costs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been sitting on a listing all day! Not one bid!

No sooner had I placed my bid and recieved confirmation had another email come right behind it stating I HAVE BEEN OUTBID. It's not possible. Not ****ING possible!

GD is inflating their prices - Beware

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not possible someone was squatting on the auction waiting for the last second?

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im venting, pointing the finger, blaming the elephant under the chair. Im pist.

Anything's possible. But why today!

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lots of people like to bid at the last second, or sort the listings by number of bids. I'm not surprised at all.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha, if you don't mind me asking -- what was the domain? Registrars have indeed been up to fishier and phishier things lately. I was reading a blog earlier that had customers accusing GoDaddy of selling logs to domaincar as their domains they had speculated upon would register for a couple days and drop if no inquiry was sent.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
taboo said:
haha, if you don't mind me asking -- what was the domain? Registrars have indeed been up to fishier and phishier things lately. I was reading a blog earlier that had customers accusing GoDaddy of selling logs to domaincar as their domains they had speculated upon would register for a couple days and drop if no inquiry was sent.

filedeposit.com

Won it.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dsturbed said:
Been sitting on a listing all day! Not one bid!

No sooner had I placed my bid and recieved confirmation had another email come right behind it stating I HAVE BEEN OUTBID. It's not possible. Not ****ING possible!

GD is inflating their prices - Beware

Actually quite possible....I put in a high bid 5 secs before auction close without a hitch...with TDNAM timing is everything especially since it's an open format, with a defined end time.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost 3 auctions, within the last 3 seconds, over the past 3 months...
Advice is bid your highest and best and pray for the best!

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The TDNAM end is way off, takes one second too long to process and you lose the name. That's not a fair process. I lost a couple of names there bidding at the last second but someone else's last second was more last than mine. I don't like that.

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always bid in the last 10 seconds.. I simply keep the window with the maximum amount ready and another one with the timing.. when it's less than 10 seconds I bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom