Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BEWARE of Enom, Iregistrations & Ezinames

Status
Not open for further replies.

netprophet

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
May I take this opportunity to formally introduce myself to you. I am the NETPROPHET, the single largest private domain name buyer in the world.

I buy only .com domains and have in excess of 53,570 as of today.

I buy 250 a day on average and do not sell domains any longer.

I do not post many comments on forums and I will not respond to posts or emails [ sorry ]

Please take note as this post is not for debate but for everyone's benefit/protection.

As you can imagine in over 10 years of domain buying I have seen, heard and experienced most things, including purchasing large amounts of domains from most of the prominent registrars, but only recently have I accidentally discovered a flaw.

As you can imagine one of my strategies is to allow certain members of the public into my "club" and to purchase domains under the umbrella of my buying power [ $3.65 ] unfortunately this has backfired recently when 2 of over 45 refills at Enom [ in other words $200 from a total of $3,670 ] were charged back by the credit card holders.

Enom's reaction was swift, abrupt, illegal and void of any normal business etiquette. Their in-house lawyers, namely Christine Graf and Martin Garthwaite blocked my access to all of my domains at Enom, over 1,000 all because of a $200 chargeback. They also demanded that I and my fellow partners sign documents to ensure that the remaining 43 refills [$3,470 ] were not going to be charged back by us ? why would we as it was only ever our intention to purchase domains and have access to them via Enom's website.

Leaving out a lot of unnecessary detail it transpires that Mr Garthwaite accidentally revealed that ENom could not do anything if any credit card transaction ever made to them was charged back !! they have no alternative but to refund the card holder at the credit card company request. In addition they are charged a $70 fee for each chargeback they incur by the CC companies.

As you must all be aware the profits in the domain name business are small. Enom pay what I pay for a domain, so they rely on scams, like Iregistrarions [ a ENom reseller ] or various marketing strategies to make their profits.

Our reaction when the Enom lawyers decided to start making business decisions of behalf of Enom direct to us [ a client ] was to threaten that unless they immediately allowed access to our domains [ by the way we did repay the $200 that had been charged back ] we would CHARGE BACK ALL OF OUR TRANSACTIONS.

Well Enom's response said it all and proves my point beyond doubt, they REFUNDED all of our payments to us immediately, in fear of us charging back those transactions and them not only suffering the lost of revenue , but the charge back fee per transaction from the credit card company and possibly loosing their ability to process any credit cards at all !

Imagine - the end of Enom .

So the moral of this true and up to date story is IF ANYONE wanted to cause havoc to this industry then we would simply all just have to charge back any credit card transaction, no matter when it was made .... There is no mechanism for these registrars to counter the claim, there is no appeal procedure then can exercise, if the credit card company charges back, that's it.

SO imagine how many charge backs Iregistrations must have incurred with their scam ? no wonder they were forced to change their name to EZInames [ same company ] read this small print when registering at EZInames [ which comes at the very end of the registration process ] " If you wish to cIf you wish to cancel them you can by simply logging into you account. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active. To continue these services simply do nothing and they will remain active. An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active, if you cancel them during the 7 day free trial you will not be charged anything for them. We can only offer this setup and trial for new accounts with ezinames not second third and subsequent domains. Cancel them you can by simply logging into you account. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active. To continue these services simply do nothing and they will remain active. An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active, if you cancel them during the 7 day free trial you will not be charged anything for them. We can only offer this setup and trial for new accounts with ezinames not second third and subsequent domains. "

Don't be taken in by the free domain offer the same applies.

So let me make this very clear... if anyone or your credit card companies tell you they can not charge back a charge that is not correct and against their own policies. You can, as the "seller" has no signed receipt by you, and in today's internet age you would think that credit card companies would protect their merchants but they do not. If the seller of any product does not have your signature you have the ability to dispute or charge back that payment, end of story, period.

Armed with that knowledge can you imagine how many people who saw themselves as domain collectors or domain entrepreneurs, may now decide it would be better to have the funds back than have the domains ? think about it ?? you may have had use of the domain for a year or so and now if you wanted you could get your money back.

Finally do not use PayPal to buy domains, as they have a 30 day period, and if you have not complained by then they say you cannot. I am challenging that right now as like many people I use a credit card to top-up my PayPal account , so I will charge back those payments I made to PayPal.

Mr Paul Stahura the CEO and founder of Enom , hides behind his desk and allows in-house lawyers to ruin his business and fraudulent people/companies to act as resellers like Iregistrations and EZInames. think about that also , it's better for Enom to let the reseller do the illegal stuff and take the credit card companies flack than them directly, hence the reseller network.

Also beware DIRECTNIC [ same tactics as the above]

Regards to you all

THE NETPROPHET

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few issues with this post. First, the Verisign registry charges every registrar $6.00 for the registration of a COM domain name. From the post it sounds like this person is trying to say that, with their purchasing power, they pay $3.65 to Enom and that Enom pays this same price for the domain. If this is what the poster is trying to say, they are lying or are very mistaken. Or I may have misunderstood what they are trying to say.

On the issue of charge backs. When you do a charge back, the merchant DOES have the ability to fight the charge back. A credit card holder can not issue a charge back just because they feel like it. There are certain reasons that card holders can issue a charge back. If you go issuing charge backs for no reason at all, it is fraud and there are consequences. A signed receipt is better protection for the merchant, but not having one does not mean the transaction can be easily disputed. There has to be a valid reason to dispute the charge in order to make a charge back, signed receipt or not.

I am not sure what this posters motive is or what they are trying to accomplish. It sounds like they have an issue with Enom, but in venting they also seem to justify fraud as a way to fight fraud.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome "THE NETPROPHET" now go away.

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its true, online credit card purchases can be chargedback but there has to be a reason. If its proved that the product was never delivered or that the credit card was fraudulently used, a chargeback may be done, however as said, merchants do have a right to appeal against a chargeback.

The poster seems to suggest that a chargeback can be done without a reason. This is not true, try doing it and you will be at the receiving end.

netprophet

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
manish said:
Its true, online credit card purchases can be chargedback but there has to be a reason. If its proved that the product was never delivered or that the credit card was fraudulently used, a chargeback may be done, however as said, merchants do have a right to appeal against a chargeback.

The poster seems to suggest that a chargeback can be done without a reason. This is not true, try doing it and you will be at the receiving end.

This is true I am afraid charge back can occur for any reason and at anytime.

Call VISA and ask them !

Regards

owen said:
I have a few issues with this post. First, the Verisign registry charges every registrar $6.00 for the registration of a COM domain name. From the post it sounds like this person is trying to say that, with their purchasing power, they pay $3.65 to Enom and that Enom pays this same price for the domain. If this is what the poster is trying to say, they are lying or are very mistaken. Or I may have misunderstood what they are trying to say.

On the issue of charge backs. When you do a charge back, the merchant DOES have the ability to fight the charge back. A credit card holder can not issue a charge back just because they feel like it. There are certain reasons that card holders can issue a charge back. If you go issuing charge backs for no reason at all, it is fraud and there are consequences. A signed receipt is better protection for the merchant, but not having one does not mean the transaction can be easily disputed. There has to be a valid reason to dispute the charge in order to make a charge back, signed receipt or not.

I am not sure what this posters motive is or what they are trying to accomplish. It sounds like they have an issue with Enom, but in venting they also seem to justify fraud as a way to fight fraud.

I did not say I have $3.65 to Enom.

But I do with my own registrar, and yes you are correct on the amounts they pay to verisign.

Your comments on charge-backs are totally incorrect.

Ask the in-house lawyer at Enom just as an example.

Regards

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is my last post to this thread because it is ridiculous and trollish.

Netprophet, whoever you are, you are wrong about charge backs and what you describe is fraud and it is illegal. Have you ever done a charge back? If you have, you would know that there are criteria that must be met and that there are federal laws that apply (there are also laws that vary from state to state). You cannot get a charge back just because you want one, there has to be a VALID reason. Another nuisance with charge backs is that when you try for one, your credit card gets canceled. I deal with charge backs on a weekly basis (usually valid due to credit card fraud), have vast amounts of personal experience with on line credit card transactions, and experience with getting invalid charge backs canceled (yes canceled). However, fighting a fraudulent charge back takes time and some companies just choose not to. I choose to fight them because if you get too many, you can loose your merchant account. I would rather rely on my own knowledge and experiences regarding on line credit card transactions than whatever it is that the in-house lawyer at Enom might have to say.

I did a little search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=netprophet

It appears that you have an ax to grind since you have SPAMMED so many forums with this same type of message.

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
netprophet said:
May I take this opportunity to formally introduce myself to you. I am the NETPROPHET, the single largest private domain name buyer in the world.

Can I please have your autograph , please, please, please !!!!

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
netprophet said:

Elequa, UltSearch and a few others have you beat.

In boxing terms, you're a cruiserweight and Elequa and the others are heavyweights.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

You may have seen my nick on other forums. It's actually
davezan, but I had to make changes & consequently used
this one instead.

This guy has posted in many other forums. ********,
Domainstate, Webhostingtalk, you name it.

In any case, he's just hot air. Forget him.

David ;o)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
netprophet said:
I am the NETPROPHET, the single largest private domain name buyer in the world.

As you can imagine in over 10 years of domain buying I have seen, heard and experienced most things,

THE NETPROPHET

I realize that I might be considered a newbie.

But, I don't know who this might be. And, I thought I knew most of the major
players.

If someone has 53,000 quality names. I would assume I would know "his" name.

And, if someone has been in this business for 10 yrs. He must only have quality
names.

I am really impressed with his credentials.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is one add'l point about NetProphet's comments.

If he is having a problem with refilling his Enom acct over a $ 200. chargeback.

He has a lot bigger problem.

If he owns 53,000 .com domains. His annual maintenance cost is over $ 350,000.

Not counting the 250 add'l purchases DAILY.
(Range - 250 X $ 7. = $1,750 to 250 X $100? = $25,000 - DAILY
Which, is an annual new purchase expediture between $ 600 thousand and $ 9 million.)

And, he is having problems with a $ 200. chargeback????

T

tekz999

50k domains is not that much.
Quality > Quantity
I can sell one domain and the price will go higher than all your 50k domains combined ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom