Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Beware of GoDaddy Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the VPS service from GoDaddy.com and was pretty excited when it was all setup and ready to go. This is where my nightmare began. I run an online forum and tried moving it over to our new server at GoDaddy. Their support staff was awful and wouldn't help me with anything. They would keep telling me to read the "plesk manual" they gave me, which was for an older and different version of plesk than I was running! Then they told me that if I wanted additional support I could pay some obsurd amount of money for some "tech people" to look at it and MAYBE they could do something, but no guarantee. If I am paying good money, i want a guarantee, not a maybe. lol.... Anyways, after finally setting everything up I find out that many features on my site won't work with GoDaddy and after 2 weeks and many headaches and problems, I closed my account down with them.

If you are running any "serious" or "semi-serious" website, avoid GoDaddy.com! They are good for a small webpage or just an info site, but if you are planning on running anything other than just straight HTML avoid them!

I highly recommend aplus or bluehost. Thats just my two cents though.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes maybe there should be a burnt godaddy customer area here?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just curious, how much is the VPS plan at GD?

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how could any price be too low?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vps is cheap at godaddy - the support team was helpful several times when I was a vps customer - as time went by, I put my trust in their automated backup system - and it failed - when i needed my backup to restore due to vbulletin issues. I find out, the backup system which im charged on a monthly basis is not working correctly in other words, not setup correctly and all my backups for the past 4 months are damaged and not usable. They told me to upgrade my vps contract to have paid support to fix the issue! Not only did i loose a good chunk of money on putting my trust in godaddys backup system... I also lost my registered users! Activity on my forum went from active to dead!

GoDaddy is only good for mini sites and junky adsense pages.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom