Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BEWARE of RegisterFly service

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I "was" a user, but moved after they stolled my domain.

I just found very nice website about registerfly problems. It looks like I am not the only one!

http://www.marwencorp.com/registerfly.html

Great reading.

elmister

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are having big problems with renewals, if anyone have domains there, i suggest to transfer out, or to 'renew' some months in advance, to prevent losing domains

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine still good 'till april 2007 but the domain name www.loan.nu expired last april 2006. I'm currently working with Enom to help me out pull my domain out of registerfly.

Regards,
Em

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually caught some good names with their snapfish service many years ago, never had such problems.

Who knows about these days though.

eNom actually runs their back end anyway i think.. so that shouldnt be hard.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Care to provide more details on how they stole your domain?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had a PM convo in another forums with a RF employee. I had a domain I needed to renew that expires in a few days. Here is part of the problem and what's happening.

1. RF is now icaan accredited which means it's no longer an enom reseller

2. Most domains at RF are still under the enom reseller account

3. When you attempt to renew what RF is doing is transferring the name to their RF icaan accredited system

4. It normally takes 1 week for a transfer to take place

5. If you are renewing within that 7 days your domain might actually expire and you will need to contact RF before it does to pray they manually enter in the new expire date.

Also RF's bulk features are NOT working properly. I had to manually change whois and DNS for 182 domains I have with them. It took me about 6-7 hours with their incredibly slow system. They promise a new site/system in a week however I have little faith in it. Also when I tried to bulk change..instead many of the DNS and Whois changed to EMPTY. Not acceptable! Also I notice this week that domains I registered in bulk at RF had incorrectly inserted RF whois information on domains that I owned. So that's why I had to manually check and change each whois.

So in conclusion...don't put names there until they get their sheet corrected. Any names you have there...work to get them out early. I advise you login and double check all names currently there and make a printout as well. If they screw up with the new system you may need the list of names from your account.

I don't think RF is a scam. I just think they are incompetent. Their support is also terrible as it's slow and mostly canned responses that don't relate.

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You said it really well "labrocca", but incompetent or not the end result is lost domain due to their negligence hurts.

I also recieved inquiry from attorney general from NY regarding RF practices and class action has been started. It's just of matter of time before RF will face big problems.

Looks like to many poeple having problems! Due to RF: incompetents, negligence, stupidity, ignorance or whatever you like to call it.

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahhh? They said that 5 years ago as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom