Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Beware of RegisterFly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a joke these guys are.

Please, if you have a RegisterFly account, keep an offline list of what domains you have in it, because it changes like every time you login!

A month or so back, I login to find only 2 domains in my account, (I should have around a hundred). So I email their support saying it looks like I've had all my domains stolen, and can they please look into it. They reply saying:

We are doing Database patches / upgrades and maintenance for next 6 hours that why you are not able to see the domains you own in your account. Please check your domains after this period in your account.
Okay, fair enough, it might have been more professional to close the site or at least warn the customers, instead of letting them login to find all their domains have disappeared, but nevermind...

Anyway, the next day my domains have returned, then last week I sold a couple of RegisterFly names. When I logged in, the domains are not in my account. I looked everywhere, no sign of them. So I spent a day or two checking all my other Registrars to see if maybe I had transfered the names, but they are nowhere to be found, and all whois records point to RegisterFly.

So I checked my RegisterFly account again, definately no sign of them, so I email support again, saying that these 2 domains have disappeared from my account, and get a reply saying:

These domains are in your Registefly account. Please login in to your Regiterfly account and check again.
And there they were... No explaination, they just put them back again.

Makes me wonder what other domains they have quietly "removed" from my account to see if I would notice? And what happens when you don't notice the domain is missing?

Seriously, if you have any domains with RegisterFly, make sure you keep a list and check regularly that they are still there, because their domains have a tendancy to disappear!

Domain Days 2024
T

tekz999

Yes, registerfly is a thief. It has caused me an endless time and effort to get my names back. I would rather drop the names then renew them at registerfly \"/

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone by now should know that RF sucks bigtime!

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And when you move the domains out , they will still show in your account and you will get charged for renewal ( although they are gone ? ) , ps you can also not turn off auto renew as regfly posts a script error on the domains that are no longer "really" there.

Ask support ? reply " What domains do we not have ? "

Dick heads !

They must owe me $200 , and a waste of my time requesting it back ..
Same crap each time ..

EPP code errors when you try and transfer out ( if you can get a code .. enom still hold some of them )

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When will you people learn?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They owe me money from a domain they renewed which was never fully in my acct or did I ever have control of it.

I purch a name which was reg'd there and had expired. RegisterFly charged me to renew it but after the charge took it away from me saying they changed their mind and it was really too old to renew. They ended up keeping the name under their ownership and control with it going to their own ppc page last time I checked, which I had in effect paid for.

Never issued a refund. That was almost a yr ago.

Very happy to be out of there now as I managed to transfer my other names away. Oddly they think the names are there as I am still getting renewal notices. That also happens at other registrars too and I will never understand why.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you do a search here you'll see a bunch of posts and a bunch of unhappy ex-customers.
you would think they changed their policies by now, but it seems they keep losing customers.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When will you people learn?

Sometimes when you buy a domain , the seller has used regfly .. we inherit the problem...

As for now ... this is a bitching session... :) we are just venting steam.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And when you move the domains out , they will still show in your account and you will get charged for renewal ( although they are gone ? )
That's worrying. Perhaps it's worth losing and replacing credit cards at least once a year. That should help to avoid the charge. :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't use RF but if you do.

A) never use autorenew
B) never renew at RF...just transfer away
C) make printouts and screenshots of all your domains
D) if a domain is missing send support ticket and you will get it back in the account
E) be patient and courteous with them...they suck but being nasty or impatient will not help you in the least bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom