Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware - possible '!' con

Status
Not open for further replies.

4tex

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought I would let you know about a possible con in action...

I got the following email...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

We can help you to sell your domains through our opt-in domain buyers list (12,000 domain buyers).

You can send your domains to 150 domain buyers for free at
http://www.AllForDomains.com/email_free.htm
or
http://domains.Profit.com/email_free.htm

It's FREE to try. No obligation.

The commercial OPT-IN list (12,000 domain buyers) contains e-mail addresses of CEOs, online businessmen, domain investors and major domain buyers.

You can send your domains to 12,000 domain buyers (commercial version) at
http://domains.Profit.com/email.htm

We don't charge a commission upon sale, because you'll negotiate direct with the domain buyers. But we can help you with the escrow service.

I wish you GOOD LUCK on the domain market !

Sincerely,

Vlad

http://domains.Profit.com

P. S. To unsubscribe just send a message to [email protected] with 'Remove' in the subject line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seemed interesting - kind of - what the hell, fee to send to 150 people - right?
So I send a few domains to the address and got the following reply...

Hi there,

Just received your ad from domains.Profit.com

I'm interested in purchasing your rentshops.com and rentunits.com. But I don't have an idea how much your domain is worth.
Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name ? Please note that I don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals. I don't want to overpay. It can be an appraisal certificate from www.GreatDomains.com or www.FastDomainSales.com or HollywoodDomains.com. It does not matter because I trust all these companies.

I need a proof to be sure your name is really worth buying.
After I receive your appraisals I can send you money via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account I can send you the funds by a certified check.

If you wish we can use escrow.com to secure the transaction.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Ok - why do I think it is a con? ->

First emails message ID
Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Second emails message ID
Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Is the con so that I pay for their service to email many people in the future? Or are they linked with the domain appraisal people?

Just thought this may interest you to read.

Rog.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!

There are about 1324343 different "companies" out there doing the same thing.

Don't be suprised if you get loads of offers, all of them are fake

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is one of the oldest scams in the book. They are in the appraisal business, not the domain sales business. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. If they even send to 12,000 people (which I highly doubt) then it is a spam list.

Also, I believe Great Domains is pretty much out of business. Once you realize that is no longer an option, you would naturally try one of the other two - both of which are probably theirs. They try to look credible by including GD, but they are just leading you down a path.

I repeat, do not under any circumstances, follow through with these people.

What are you doing responding to spam anyway?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Ruskies strike again.

Was the buyer Phillip Moore? or have they at least had the sence to change his name?

Hi,

I just got your advertising message. I'm interested in 72strokes.com
amd magnificentgolf.com

I think it can be a good investment. I'm interested in catchy and memorable names.

After recent stock market crisis I'm looking for new ways to invest money in online business. I need domains that can bring a serious traffic. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie on the secondary domain market.

I know the seller is always going to earn as much as possible but I need a fair price and I kindly ask you for an independent appraisal.

I trust the following appraisers: www.FastDomainSales.com , www.DomainMart.com or www.HollywoodDomains.com. They were recommended by my partner. He told me that many other companies often overpriced domains.

I don't want to overpay and I'm afraid to proceed without an independent valuation. My final offer will depened on your appraisals.

I think I can offer you a fair price but I need a serious proof.

Please send me your appraisals to [email protected] (from any appraiser I mentioned above)

Can we use www.escrow.com to secure a domain transfer?

Thank you,

Phillip Moore

CEO

Lewis & Moore Hedge Funds

http://www.rock.com

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6772&highlight=everydayincome

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17078&highlight=everydayincome

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have several "companies" all on the same scam and each email is like the one descrived above.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
allfordomains.com = everydayincome.com = scam

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks like it's really scam.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried one of the free ones (I would never, ever pay for some sh!t like that) and surprisinly I got a guy who was interested in my name, we talked over a couple emails, but his offer was a tad low....so I moved on....I say try the free offer....but dont even consider paying for it

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, it is a scam alright.

Unfortunately, I got taken by it last year when a guy with the almost exact same message want an appraisals for 3 to 5 of my crappy WAP names. I spent around $100 getting them all appraised and then he backed out.

To make a long story short, I learned my lesson and have never paid for an appraisal since:).

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about that ogre. to my knowledge, there is no such thing as a domain appraisal service that has the respect and backing of the domain industry in general.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainOgre
Np FrontRow, it was a good learning experience:).

I had one of those learning experiences with everyday income. I did the 20,000 e-mail package. What a joke and costly experience. Ouch!

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was a victim with the domains.profit.com..did the free email to 150..got the same exact response...

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just recieved the same exact email, word for word. same sender also. Thanks Toasty for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom