Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BEWARE The Register.com - Afternic SCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I made a kind of "backorder" on the Register.com website for a domain, a LN.com, that was expiring.
I made a call at the Register.com support and an operator told me to make an offer into Register.com for that domain, an offer starting from $200.
I made this offer ($300) thinking to have the opportunity to go in a private auction if they would capable to grab the domain when expired (I made the same with pool and snapnames, as ever).
Then, Afternic charged me for $69. I believed that this $69 charge was for "checking my credit cards", like pool do the first time you backorder a domain.
Intead of this backorder, Afternic brang me into a "private offer trought them for the domain owner" and they sent me an appraisal for this name.
Here is the scam: I paid $69 and made a $300 offer to be, eventually, in a private auction, and they say that this $69 are for their fantastic appraisal:sigh2:

I hope to talk here with someone from Register.com or Afternic.
Forum user's comment are strongly welcome.

Cheers.

Jean

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
afternic also has placed a link somewhere within Enom's cpanel for parking names.

I had a client who I set-up an enom account for and after they registered some names they wound up parking them at Afternic and paying a $20 fee.

When I asked "how did you get to or even find out about Afternic, they could not remember how they got to their site.

The plan was for them to park under me. :(

even though i persuaded them to park elsewhere, they spent $20 that could have been used to reg more names.

just giving this info in case others are setting up subaccounts at enom.

be sure they don't click on any Afternic links, even if you use Afternic you would lose that person as your affiliate sign-up.

I'm sure enom is racking up!

trismegisto

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
afternic also has placed a link somewhere within Enom's cpanel for parking names.

I had a client who I set-up an enom account for and after they registered some names they wound up parking them at Afternic and paying a $20 fee.

When I asked "how did you get to or even find out about Afternic, they could not remember how they got to their site.

The plan was for them to park under me. :(

even though i persuaded them to park elsewhere, they spent $20 that could have been used to reg more names.

just giving this info in case others are setting up subaccounts at enom.

be sure they don't click on any Afternic links, even if you use Afternic you would lose that person as your affiliate sign-up.

I'm sure enom is racking up!

It's very similar.
I made a Backorder in Register.com and i was charged for $69 by Afternic :lol:
They are writing me stupid things about this payment, and if i answer to them, it tooks 3-4 days to obtain a reply from them. And the people that answer to me is always different. It's a great time-drain, i'll let them that money.
But this is how the little cons works :)

Tris

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why don't you just dispute the $69 charge with your credit card company?

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They tricked you into paying for a useless appraisal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom