Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bidding on name owned by Buydomains.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbunny

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone has some experience bidding on Afternic auctions owned by Buydomains. I first inquired about a so-so two word name around a year ago. The price they gave me seemed very inflated, so I figured they must get a lot of traffic. When I asked, they told me they get less than 100 hits a month. I would say that domain is worth $xxx, but they want a mid $xxxx.

I would have forgotten all about it, but they keep e-mailing me asking if I'm still interested, and even raised their price after I refused to buy it for the lower price! Now I see that it is up for auction on Afternic. I am willing to go into $xxxx, but nowhere near their BIN price, which is the same as the price they are offering me via e-mail now.

I was thinking of bidding, but I have a feeling that their reserve will be too high and then they will raise their for-sale price after it goes out of auction because I showed interest. But if I bid and win, they will be contractually bound to sell to me, whereas they could change their mind if I strike a deal with them through e-mail.

Any advice? Should I bid or just give them my best offer?

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would bid if its in the range your willing to pay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom