Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Bido: We Are Back

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a single .com on the front page...
Ouch.

First enlighten us with your definition of succeed...
The opposite of failing :)

If they make $1000 a week it may be enough for them to call it a win, who knows.
You may be spot on. $1000 a week is probably close to what they used to be making with V2. Personally I would say it's a lot of effort for meager results.

I really would like to see how they are going to make V3 right. I though they were brought down by lack of revenue due to the endless stream of bad domains listed on their marketplace. Perhaps I was wrong and there were other reasons.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First enlighten us with your definition of succeed...

The engine behind the site is done which is a huge part. They have experience in what works and what doesn't. If they make $1000 a week it may be enough for them to call it a win, who knows.

I heard a quote this week...can't remember who said it but they were successful.

"I failed my way to success"

it's what we all do really.

Anyone that gets knocked down by the first two pitches and gets back up to the plate gets my applause.

I think bido had spent about mid to high 6 figures on the development. And speaking from development and owning few sites, making a thousand a week, will not recoup their investment after spending that much in a development. It is not that we do not want bido to succeed.

It is my opinion that I feel that Bido will again. I said the first two times as well when they shut down in the past, that they will fail with their platform. And they did. I am saying it third time as well, they will fail, because their platform sucks.

4000 profit from a site, that had spent over or close to 500,000 , is not going to stay up for a longer time, and out of that 4000, i assume they have employees working as well which are looking to be paid. So unless they change something, they will not be able to get stronger. In matter of months you will see the page again, "Bido is Now Closing"

You "assure" us BIDO will fail? What qualification do you have to make that statment?

Were YOU made privvy to their 'new' business plan and capitol funding?? NO!!!!!!

So IMO you are talking out your behind

Let me tell you one thing, when I said assure you, I am stating my own opinion. I do not want to have any qualification to make this statement anyway, I have seen with my eyes and bido itself had proved to fail two times already. If you do not know or forgot that bido had failed twice, then I would advice you to search on DNF, and also ask Sahar that why is not he standing still by bido.com this time, because he knows now that bido will not succeed with the platform they had created. So yes, I assure you again, third time will be no different and they will fail again if they keep continue what they are doing.

My advice to bido or jarred is that Change something to succeed this time.

Last edited:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback and discussions. Comments good and bad are appreciated and do not fall on deaf ears. Today we changed it so sellers can only list 10 items per day. This is one step on the surface where you can see we are committed to raising the quality and keeping the site enjoyable for all.

Welcome back I hope you plan to auction off some domains that are worth more than reg fee this time.
Not looking forward to your ceaseless spam though.

You can configure your settings as to what emails you wish to receive or not receive. If you have some trouble with that, please let me know and I will walk you through the steps or help figure out what went wrong.
We don't re-enable anyone who joined our site and later unsubscribed, settings are settings. I will however double check the integrations and make sure your Bido settings are shared across the API to the newsletter service we use.

We do have a lot that we are working on to improve the site more and more, each day.
Thank you to all who have been supporting us in our journey. I am here to help and listen to your feedback, make changes where needed to find the best balance of inventory, success for sellers, quality inventory for buyers, and overall usability for everyone.
We also have a feedback portal: http://feedback.bido.com
Keep the feedback coming please and thanks again to all our loyal members and friends of Bido. Please register on the site if you've yet to join and submit your domains for sale: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains. There are also some good deals in the inventory, you can place your bids on any upcoming auction now. Remember that nearly all the auctions were voted in by the community, our inventory is pre-screened - we crowdsource the selection process of what goes to auction. Also be sure to cast some votes while you are on the site, you earn money when the domains you vote for sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom