Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Big one at Ebay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice auction you unearthed there.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice name, but 15K looks really too much for it...
Maybe something here isn't Kosher

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
983 on the counter seems VERY high!
And the opening bid was $0.01.
0 overture with ext.
Doctored overture by adding "real estate" and "home."
Shills? Oh, yeah!

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it is a scam, he must have quite a few people working for him. the other thing tho, some people are smart enough to advertise the auction all over the place, so the fact that the counter number is high, could be legit.

it's a shame the first thing you think of when you see an Ebay auction, is the word scam. I guess we've all been burned at one time or another there...lol.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain's traffic stats might be a mystery but the keyword' it self is pretty solid and all other extensions for similar names such as buyahome, buyahouse, etc, etc... have been taken... the .COM juices up the value but still, I wouldn't even consider this to be a premium name, let alone worth 10-20k.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The doctored overture is just a tad bit strange.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The doctored overture is just a tad bit strange.

searching the overture term suggestion tool for buy homes, buy houses, buy a home, etc... they all return the same result 520571 buying a home

buyingahome.com has no results with ext., but buyhomes.com, buyahome.com and who knows how many more similar terms/names overture has linked within their system to this one result.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
either way, from my personal experience, real estate agents in places such as California, have the bucks to drop. could very well be a bunch of realtors bidding. i know i have sold sites and domains to realtors for 5-10x more than a normal person would pay for them ;0)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
either way, from my personal experience, real estate agents in places such as California, have the bucks to drop. could very well be a bunch of realtors bidding. i know i have sold sites and domains to realtors for 5-10x more than a normal person would pay for them ;0)

Agreed

Sold my one off my first domain`s - durangocoloradorealestate.com for $550 or something like that.

DropMarket

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've seen this one a couple of times now.
The question i ask, is what, if over 2-3 mths, you set 10,000 proxies to randomly request the domain via google. every hour or two.

Knowing the engines ovt uses, surely this would be viable to increase the ovt score of a term...? would this work also with "unique" typins.

rgds
Matt

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually show a higher ovt count of 671134 buying a home and with extension I show 30 buyingahome.com

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DropMarket said:
Ok, I've seen this one a couple of times now.
The question i ask, is what, if over 2-3 mths, you set 10,000 proxies to randomly request the domain via google. every hour or two.

Knowing the engines ovt uses, surely this would be viable to increase the ovt score of a term...? would this work also with "unique" typins.

rgds
Matt

Overture is easily enough to manipulate, but Wordtracker is not. here are their numbers..and these are exact. Pretty impressive search:

buying a home 710.0 /day
buying a new home 45.0 /day

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
deepstar said:
I actually show a higher ovt count of 671134 buying a home and with extension I show 30 buyingahome.com

Thats because Overture is now on July and not June

"Searches done in July 2004"

cool, now I have work to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom