Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BIG Problem Accessing This Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am having a very weird problem accessing DNF from my home computer and I hope someone can help me figure out what is wrong. I have never had a problem before but for the last two days, when I try to access the site I get a plain white page with a small box saying "Sorry this site is temporarily unavailable. Please try back in the future". It is not the standard windows box you get when a site is down. Hitting refersh did not good, even aafter clearing the history folder to make sure that unavailable notice was not just a cached page. I run IE 6 and have a Roadrunner cable connection.

When I go to my office, where I also have IE6 and Roadrunner, I have not problem accessing DNF at all. At first I thought DNF somehow got on a "black hole" list but that is not it.

To get here from home tonight, I decided to try something else. Instead of using Roadrunner, I logged onto the internet with a backup dialup service I keep on hand. No problem getting in at all! I have never run into anything like this. Can't figure why I can get in from Roadrunner at work but no here. And why I can get in from dialup here but not Roadrunner. Anyone have any ideas?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I am having a very weird problem accessing DNF from my home computer and I hope someone can help me figure out what is wrong. I have never had a problem before but for the last two days, when I try to access the site I get a plain white page with a small box saying "Sorry this site is temporarily unavailable. Please try back in the future". It is not the standard windows box you get when a site is down. Hitting refersh did not good, even aafter clearing the history folder to make sure that unavailable notice was not just a cached page. I run IE 6 and have a Roadrunner cable connection.

When I go to my office, where I also have IE6 and Roadrunner, I have not problem accessing DNF at all. At first I thought DNF somehow got on a "black hole" list but that is not it.

To get here from home tonight, I decided to try something else. Instead of using Roadrunner, I logged onto the internet with a backup dialup service I keep on hand. No problem getting in at all! I have never run into anything like this. Can't figure why I can get in from Roadrunner at work but no here. And why I can get in from dialup here but not Roadrunner. Anyone have any ideas?

Some reason there's still remnants of old dns records out there and David Thornton has taken back his IP. Sooner or later all the DNS records will show the right stuff.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some reason there's still remnants of old dns records out there and David Thornton has taken back his IP. Sooner or later all the DNS records will show the right stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply Greg. Is the message I am seeing "This Site Is Unavailable. Please Check Back in the Future" something David would have put up on his IP then? Also, why can I access it via Roadrunner from one computer but not another?
If you have a different IP # now, could I put that in my browser rather than dnforum.com and reach the right address (if so, please post of pm me the IP address). I obviously don't understand internet routing very well!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the quick reply Greg. Is the message I am seeing "This Site Is Unavailable. Please Check Back in the Future" something David would have put up on his IP then? Also, why can I access it via Roadrunner from one computer but not another?
If you have a different IP # now, could I put that in my browser rather than dnforum.com and reach the right address (if so, please post of pm me the IP address). I obviously don't understand internet routing very well!

http://64.246.43.23/ this is what you get if you go to David's IP.

http://66.70.91.118 is where DNForum.com resides.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep - that is David's version of the Windows Blue Screen of Death :) .

I can use your new IP address to solve the problem until the name finishes propogating. Thanks for the help - I'm off to annoy someone else!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I'm off to annoy someone else!

Duke- you are never an annoyance! :D

-Bob

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

Duke- you are never an annoyance! :D

-Bob

Thanks Bob - I guess I'll just have to try harder then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom