Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Big Week For Flippa With Two 6 Figure Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was a big week for Flippa with two six figure website sales. You always have to take everything with precaution on Flippa because you may see a website listed as sold but then sometime the deal does not go through. You usually don’t see that the sale did not go through until its relisted. [...]

More...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the news. I'm keeping track of them (Flippa) much more these days.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't use Flippa. They add the price next to the sellers name, but don't subtract it even if the sale never went through. Or has this been fixed? Some of the claims of selling $500k in sites are outrageous for what they've peddled to get that inflated number. I've stayed far away from Flippa after 1 deadbeat that gave me a headache over a sale. I will check out domains for sell every once in a while to see how many bids they get to determine why, but that is just about it. I believe the company down under needs to revamp their business model in order to be taken seriously these days (such as making a deposit for an account so if a transaction falls through, the seller would still get some funds and the higher amount of purchase a user could make, the larger the deposit must be—like Sedo). It would deter a lot of people for chasing the reserve, winning and not paying.

Maybe they could team up or merge with Fabulous.com to get some good leadership in there and maybe more people would take the site seriously (and Fab could use Flippa as their auction platform as well).

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They have fixed up that issue and most of the deadbeat bidders/sellers have been banned - they've really cleaned up their act their act.
We also check regularly for domains…. a few interesting ones at the moment, Finance.info, NewsItems.com, Overfeed.com - plenty of LLLL.com there too.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I enjoy reading about recent website sales.
I'm surprised that more domain bloggers don't do this...

NAK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
These sales cant be real

if they not, Flippa has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom