Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Big Whypark Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Basically, it seems Whypark have been diverting 404 traffic away from the sites of their customers to a DS landing page.

I have asked for an explanation, and nearly two days later, I'm still waiting.

See more at this thread - http://www.dnforum.com/f71/wtf-thread-349962.html

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They sometimes take awhile in answering emails. At least that's their track record with me.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is their response:

"Yes, we will have an email/blog post out about this soon too. We’ve basically partnered with DomainSponsor to monetize the expired pages traffic.

We’ve found that the bounce rate is high when redirecting the user going to the expired page back to the home page.

We’re directly monetizing that traffic now though and have the revenue going to the domain holder. So, you are earning the revenue from that landing page.

Hope this helps!"

Unbelievable!

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In laymans terms what does this actually mean therefore ?.

DG

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It means that prior to informing their customers, they decided to divert any subdomain traffic away from the home page built by the customer, and send it to a DomainSponsor parking landing page instead. Apparently, they say that the DS lander works better than the Whaypark page for this traffic!!!!!

They seem to have an identity crisis - they think they are a parking company, and make decisions on their customers traffic as if they were....Whypark? I can think of a good reason to now!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It means that prior to informing their customers, they decided to divert any subdomain traffic away from the home page built by the customer, and send it to a DomainSponsor parking landing page instead.

Godaddy, btw, has been doing this for years, for any non-assigned URL if you use their re-direct service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom