Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Big wins for "NameJet Reserve" guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is something fishy about this whole thing
Namejet should not allow a name like that to be used

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At Snapnames I have seen users like Auction halted or Owner to sue you, in particular for contested domains :D

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, yes I sent an email to them and they do not respond.
Nobody else allows someone to use the actual name on a bidder, plus if this is an actual reserve why dont they just say so ?

***********************************UPDATE**************************************************
Just received this response

Thank you for contacting us to assist with your issue. I will be happy to help you.

I sincerely apologize that this process has caused you to have the wrong idea.

When a domain name is listed for a private or public auction, NameJet may set a "Reserve Price." This is the minimum amount the domain will sell for. The actual Reserve Price is not disclosed. Once the domain goes to auction, if the highest bid does not meet that Reserve Price, then NameJet is under no obligation to sell the domain name to the highest bidder.

These domains are listed with a status of Pre-Release and are typically privately owned either by individuals, registrars or other companies. NameJet is not the registrant of these names.

We use the bidder alias "NameJet Reserve" to indicate there is a Reserve Price placed on the auction. If you enter a bid, and your bid is not high enough, you will receive the warning that your bid did not meet the Reserve Price. Once you meet or exceed the Reserve Price, you will be listed as the highest bidder at that time.

If you have any additional questions about this matter, please update this ticket and I will be able to help you during my assigned office hours.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Doc, the article was a humorous spin-off on the choice of bidding name by NameJet. Obviously, "NameJet Reserve" means exactly that :D

The aggravating part is that instead of indicating e.g. "reserve not met" the process uses "NameJet Reserve" as a bidding handle. They could have equally used one that said "Yourbudget Sucks"! :D

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro
I got that now :}
I like your "Yourbudget Sucks"
Also
"Reach for Your Wallet-Pump It Up Idiot"
or "Are You Kidding Me - Thats It?"
or "Sedo.com"

Doc, the article was a humorous spin-off on the choice of bidding name by NameJet. Obviously, "NameJet Reserve" means exactly that :D

The aggravating part is that instead of indicating e.g. "reserve not met" the process uses "NameJet Reserve" as a bidding handle. They could have equally used one that said "Yourbudget Sucks"! :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Doc :D Obviously one can't use trademarks or to impersonate others.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I forgot the auction process is very ethical and that wont be allowed.... So I guess I cant use Halvarez

Doc :D Obviously one can't use trademarks or to impersonate others.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can always try but what if the real Hank Alvarez cries foul? :D

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom