Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bill Gates' Advice to Students .......!!!! ReAd tHiS ----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebiz4india

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill Gates' Advice to Students

Love him or not, he sure hits some nails on the head with this. Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bill s, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you agree , pass it on.
If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

Thanks & Regards

Danish K.
AXO
------------------

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, I read this e-mail/article a year ago now - has some great stuff in it :) This bit;

"Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one."

Is especially true ;)

I remember reading someone's sig on another board (ProBoards I think! Was a while ago :tongue1:) which said "Yeah laugh at me now - in 10 year's time you'll be taking orders from someone like me", hehe.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Care to include a link?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ebiz4india said:
Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Once had an employee that began to sit around more and more every morning while the others would always find something to do. When I asked him what was up he told me he was going to the gym before work and it was making him very tired. I just stood there for a minute with head turned like a dog does when they're confused.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He missed one...

Rule 12 : Get into the domain business if you want to be a winner. :eek:k:

Ebiz4india

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I posted this article after receiving it in my email, Even heading is same!

No matter who said it, No matter who posted it on Internet. No matter who started circulating it.

All I wanted is to share some good & quality information with all my fellow Domainers inorder to enhance knowledge in all horizons!

Thanks all for reading & posting replies!

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill Gates Advice to Students

Rule 12: Ladies, if you're ever hit on by a 120 lbs. eunuch with a clay orange skin complexion, just remember he might be worth $40 billion some day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Rule 13: B!tches, buy my Windows 7, w00t!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rule# 18: blacklist every idiot who is sending you email hoaxes because he is wasting your time with pseudo-smart bullfeces
Rule#19: if you still receive such idiotic mass email never post it on a forum because you will look like an idiot

mibworld

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few good ideas, but it certainly doesn't sound like something Gates would say or even think!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rule 12, room with steve bulmer to stop your fairy ass getting kicked on a daily basis

rule 13, blow steve bulmer if necessary

and bill himself forgot what going to uni is all about. nail as many chicks as possible :smilewinkgrin:

im knackered if i ever get into politics :smilewinkgrin:

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People often make up quotes then attribute them to a famous person ~ Neil Armstrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom