Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Billy.com for $500, Riddles.com for $5k, Cough.com for $500! I Don't Think So!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shf0765

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While this is not my first negative experience with Afternic, I felt this was worth posting. Yesterday, while reviewing listings on Afteric, I came across the following BIN prices:

Billy.com -- $500
Cough.com -- $500
Riddles.com -- $5000

Appearing suspicous, I telephoned BuyDomains regarding the prices as I assumed they were stolen domains. After they checked, I received an e-mail today from an individual with Namemedia and was told Cough.com was a "test name" on the system. What surprised me was the apparent lack of concern as it makes one wonder whether any of the prices on the website are legitimate. With respect to Riddles.com, it inexplicably became unavailable during checkout last night at BuyDomains.com with no explanation. Regarding Billy.com, I did not even bother checking as it was obviously related to fraud or yet another mistake. While I realize mistakes occur, this was definitely not the first time for me. I stated it should not be the responsibility of customers to perform quality assurance against their database of domain names.

In my response to the e-mail message received, I questioned why domains are listed for sale to potential purchase by customers only to be told later they were "test names" after placing charges against their credit cards. Still awaiting a response. The apparent lack of concern regarding reoccurrence is almost as disconcerting as the presence of the domains in the first place!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For quite some time, Afternic had LadyGaga.com listed for sale :D

T

tekz999

oh, try purchase all their names, and say, oh, i was just helping you to test the checkout system, and I am not really paying, see how they reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

shf0765

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show how proactive Afternic is regarding the issue. As of a few moments ago, cough.com is still advertised on their website for $500. In my opinion, it seems awfully deceptive marketing a domain, which they admittedly stated was a "test name." I have no confidence in any of their listings.

D

Deleted member 111831

I have finally stopped even checking on domains there as every single one I'm interested in they have some BS excuse about.

They have some really great names listed for peanuts there. If only they were real...

shf0765

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PokerPie,

Thanks for the post -- It's good to know others feel the same.

Yesterday, I visited BuyDomains and queried riddles.com again. While it did not appear, a featured domain of world.com was presented. After clicking the domain and added it to the shopping cart, a price of $12,500 appeared. Once again, I did not even bother to attempt checkout. I've learned my lesson not to waste any more time on these two websites.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How on earth.com is this possible to even present.net names.org for sale with such ridiculous.com prices.net that are obvious.com not.org legitimate.com forsale.com questionmark.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom