Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.Biz 1 year regs now

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
.BIZ can now be registered for 1 Year
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The official registry of the Top-Level-Domain .BIZ will enable the
registration of .BIZ Domains for one year instead of two years commencing
December 1st 2002. The reduction of the registration period of .US Domains
has already proven to be very effective. Now this efficiency and flexibility
is to be passed on to the .BIZ customers.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smart move on the registry's part. I hope .info decides not to be the Lone Ranger and falls into line as well.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Smart move on the registry's part. I hope .info decides not to be the Lone Ranger and falls into line as well.

Morning Duke..
arent you suppose to be in the kitchen getting the Turkey ready ? :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm heading out the door to the in-laws this very minute - I'll check bak in tonight. Happy Thanksgiving to you and ALL!

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Neustar/Neulevel seem up to the task of running good registries. On the other hand you have Afilias, whose own Directors abused the rollout of .info to the extent of fleecing consumers who waited patiently for their legitimate turns to buy .info domains upon initial release. So it wouldn't surprise me if Afilias wakes up late to important moves ... with Director(s) and staff lining their own pockets with ill-gotten gains, it's hard to imagine them paying attention to issues pertaining to the growth of .info.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good move.
Advantage for domain speculators, because they can buy 2 names to speculate instead of 1 name for 2 years.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
That will boost sales.. .BIZ suprisingly isnt that far behinf .INfo in sales.
http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/

I am surprised that .biz is that close to .info. You hear so much more about .info it seems. I think it just shows how much people need an alternative to .com for business now that all of the good .com names are long gone. I understand that most of the .biz regs are in Europe like .info. Does anyone breakdown regional regs of TLD's?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNbuy
www.dnbuy.com and www.dnbuy.net have been offering 1 year .biz registrations for well over a month now.

Hi Jim How the heck did you pull that off? Is the price right on your site? $8.97 for 1 year (and only 1 year) of .biz registration?

I thought all .biz regs had to be for 2 years until this coming Dec 1st? Not to be repetitive, but I can go to your site and reg a 1 year .biz live right now for $8.97?

Pretty cool that you were 2 months ahead if that's the case. Doc

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz got a head start over .info. So maybe this is an explanation that they are close.
When does .biz become 2 years old?

I am surprised that .biz is that close to .info. You hear so much more about .info it seems. I think it just shows how much people need an alternative to .com for business now that all of the good .com names are long gone. I understand that most of the .biz regs are in Europe like .info. Does anyone breakdown regional regs of TLD's?

M

mole

Originally posted by dvdrip
.biz got a head start over .info. So maybe this is an explanation that they are close.

Not exactly drip. DOTINFO launched first, DOTBIZ had a traumatically delayed birth having to face an illegal lottery law suit by Smiley. Landrush was resolved only in Feb-March this year.

Having said that, both seem to be growing up nicely into handsome lads :D

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right about landrush but landrush had a fixed number of domains and you could have reged a .biz before landrush.
What was the first date you could register a .biz and a .info?

M

mole

DOTINFO - 1st Oct 2001
DOTBIZ - 7th Nov 2001

ah, the memories of those frantic first hours ... :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom