Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.BIZ Goes From $9.99 To $14.95 At Go Daddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This happen, as usual, with no warning in the past three or so days. A customer who was checking whether to move the name that I am selling her to Go Daddy or elsewhere pointed it out to me. Even with their DDC membership, the cost has gone from $6.99 to $11.99!

What is the story on this?? The competition still seems to be at about $8.99 and I can find nothing on line about a registry price increase. If it is just them, you may be wanting to transfer your .BIZ names elsewhere. Needless to say, my customer is planning to have her name pulled elsewhere.

Any root reason for the increase?? :?:

Domain Days 2024

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
many domainers are not fond of .biz as it is. if there is a price hike that will hurt the extension even more.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
didnt realise people actually regged .biz ?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'd get a keyword .biz anytime. Sold many of them for $1,500+

But GoDaddy sucks the big one.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the extension I lost some investment. I love it as .biz extension but my customer based don't recognize it as compare to .com.

I have success in .CN and .TV though, sold $$,$$$ each last year. Both continue to grow despite of criticism. If there is critics, there is exposure and that's pull a good revenue. IHMO

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey .. when the value of your dollar continues to sink how do ya think Bob is gonna keep paying for all that 'sh!t' he does? Ya think Paris and their 'women/men of the night' are cheap? .. :cheesy:

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.BIZ is not quite the basket case that some domainers make it out to be. I have seen many well used .BIZ domains while searching Google. Personally, I'd much rather use a good keyword .BIZ domain than some cute two or three word .COM or some 'pronouncable' 4-5 letter .COM all of which will likely require much more promotion than a good keyword domain will. Sure, we all want a .COM name but what comes before the '.' is probably more important than what comes after especially if you don't have a multi-mllion marketing budget to make DOFY.COM (or whatever) become the next ebay!

Last year I sold at least six .BIZ names in the $1,000-$2,250 range, eight to ten in the $500-$1,000 region, and, probably, another 25 in the $100-$500 range. I am currently selling off some very good .BIZ domains here on DNF cheaply currently but .BIZ names aren't worthless and I am keeping many, many of them. You won't 'roll a million' with .BIZ but few of us persuing the available drops of any extension today are going to do that with anything unless we already own it or have a cool mil or so to buy it.

On the other hand, I haven't a clue as to why the biggest registrar suddenly needs about $3.00 more than most registrars any of us here would use for .BIZ registrations or renewals. Did they loose their .BIZ registration franchise or did Bob Parsons just figure that this was novel way to pay for his Super Bowl ads or a particularly desirable celeb?? Or, does he figure that people will actually buy expired .BIZ names and that this increase will cause a nice avalanche of .BIZ names for his TDNAM site? Today a registrar may prefer that you let names expire rather than renew them given the profits they make on their expired domain sales and, yes, even .BIZ names do sell well at TDNAM.

I've just started the first 'transfer out' trickle of many of my 2,550 or so names at Go Daddy. It is impossible to ignore $2.00+ savings on .INFO and .NET at Moniker and $3.00 savings on .BIZ nearly everywhere. If anyone has true ICANN registrar (NOT reseller) recommendations, they would be appreciated by me and probably others here who own .BIZ names and who use Go Daddy.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They need to raise there prices on .info's as well... Lower prices means less junk. People are going to think before they register, in any extension for that matter.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
US should raise the cost of owning a house around where you live. Higher prices means less junk. People are going to think before they buy, in any area for that matter.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw subject of this thread and was thinking "Who is using Godaddy and who is registering .biz anyway ?"

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They want to kill .biz. If the price of lll.biz is now 50$ then what will they worth the next day? Not much i suppose. For developement it is fine, one word, two word generics are also ok, but not much hope for the rest. LLLL.biz buyout anyone? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom