Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.Biz news

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be good to start a thread where you can find .biz only news articles. I will post them as I find them. So as to not to eat up server space I will just post a link.

This article comes from Microsoft's Bcentral, and it mentions .biz in a very positive manner. It also talks about the ICANN process of selecting new TLDs, and what should be done on future roll-outs (if any)

http://www.bcentral.com/articles/enbysk/105.asp

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In that spirit, I immediately registered PISTONS.BIZ a few minutes ago ...

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the guy dosent know what he is talking about with this statement "

The general vs. specific debate

The popular dot-com domain accounts for more than 60% of all domains registered worldwide, according to NetNames.com. Together with its sister domains, dot-net and dot-org, the three account for about 80% of the domains registered worldwide. The remaining 20% are divided between four U.S. government-restricted names (including dot-gov and dot-edu) and more than 200 lesser-used, country-specific domains (dot-cc, dot-uk, dot-md, etc.).

dot com represents ONLY about 25% of all domains registered worldwide ..
keep in mind this data is about 5 month s OLD..http://www.domainworldwide.com/

I wish he would update it because it's aquick easy look at all the domain extensions...

Cant believe people wont even do BASIC research..

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually according to that link (domainworldwide.com), it looks like .com represents about 45% of all domains registered. 21 million .com's out of 46 million total.

M

mole

Yup, .BIZ is the new gTLD to rival .COM after 17 years of empty progression in Internet addressing and people still resist change and reminisce on the past.

As a result, they have lost out on a unique window of opportunity to grab names at absolutely cheap reg fee. It's too late now.

The short-sighted conservatives never learn. The food chain theory all over again.
:rolleyes:

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Yup, .BIZ is the new gTLD to rival .COM after 17 years of empty progression in Internet addressing and people still resist change and reminisce on the past.

As a result, they have lost out on a unique window of opportunity to grab names at absolutely cheap reg fee. It's too late now.

The short-sighted conservatives never learn. The food chain theory all over again.
:rolleyes:

dream on mole :)

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am with you Mole, most of these guys still have their heads stuck in the sand, and the past!

Of course the .biz, info,.us extensions will take time to filter through to the general public - even now a very large proportion do not even know what a domain name is but as they become more aware values will increase dramatically. The .coms are not available( not at resonable prices) so the good new extensions will be the place to go.

Those that still think otherwise it's your choice and your reluctance has allowed me to pick up some good names - I thank you!

www.Luck.Biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom