Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.biz on the rise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
could it be, that dot b i z

is about to get bizzy?

what you done heard biggie...

:)

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I realize the 1 character .Biz Sedo auction should be pretty cool but Biggie, do you know something we don't?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah, just a final money grab before its dead and gone.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think .biz is an under-appreciated extension, it should be more popular than it is. It's a good global tld for any business. But i don't see a lot of value in those 1 character .biz names.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dream on .biz will be back on the rise imho........

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In terms of registrations it's growing, at a very modest pace.
Everything is relative... :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
At least you can develop the worst .biz unlike the best .tel you can think of.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope .biz is rising, I like it.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost Every TLD in the world is on the rise.

That doesn't make it a good investment. Biz domains are mainly generics held by resellers. It is not relative to .com growth either. 2008-2009 growth of .biz = 5.9%. .com growth at the same period was 9%.

Now that is not a big difference, but take into account that we have 78 million .com's registered at beginning of 2009 vs just hitting the 2 million mark for .biz. That is the important figure. The fact that the .biz is held mainly by domain resellers rather than end-user is another very big problem.

This is .biz registry cashing in at the last moment, because it won't go far from here.

Even in 10 years, at the current pace of 5.9% and worser year by year, you won't get farther than 2x the value of what it is, and this is if the growth is good and steady. I wouldn't be counting on that. The figures don't lie.

PS

Would like to add to that. In 2009 alone, the .biz domains rose only .4%! That is less than 1% from January 2009 - September 2009.

Last edited:

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was watching a SpikeTV documentary on heavyweight fighter, Brock Lesnar. He was in a large training center doing strength drills and there hung a large banner on the wall of the facility ...

APITrainingCenter.biz

The shopping center under construction a mile from my home is being marketed by a large commercial real estate firm called Collett. Their company website is ...

Colette.biz

Greensboro Plastic Surgical Associates operate at ...

GPSA.biz

Greensboro Music Store ...

TheMusicLoft.biz

A Greensboro Engineering firm at ...

SSPA.biz

A Greensboro insurance agent at ...

SteveKent.biz

This is the reality of .BIZ, i.e. companies of all varieties utilizing the web address to market their businesses.

And this is why there are now over 2 million .biz registrations. Real companies with real websites. There are no more speculative .biz registrations than there are .com, or any other extension.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although I do agree with Carlton (not the one from fresh prince?) that companies actually use .biz domains for their websites. It seems to me that it is mostly smaller companies using it.

I personally dont like the extension (though I do own a few), but that is mainly because of the slang aspect. I mean, if you where creating an extension for businesses would you include slang like 12 year old girls are using it when texting? ... HugZ from Chxarl8tte...

I would venture that many larger businesses see the Z as a downfall. I am sure that the registry thought it would be cool, hip and in style. But its crap in my eyes and makes the extension seem a lot less serious than it should have been.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Never believed in .biz and never will..."

Me too.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
they can pop page one if you have a keyword, they're brandable if you have a keyword

we use a couple (less than 1%) for content sites

we promote one in ppc

occassionaly we have clients acquire keywords

if the .com is gone and it's a US business we steer clients to .us, then .net then .biz

so it's a 4th choice for US businesses, as we use them

we also have clients acquire .org's and .info's for non commercial development to lead to their commercial sites, like this info sponsored by...

eventually some business will splash a bunch of money in a major branding campaign and the whole tld will pop some, but, it's a low priority tld good only for branding a keyword or doing seo keyword work

anyway, a .biz keyword will be indexed high in serp's if it's done correctly, so that alone gives it some value, but, overall the tld needs some big ad campaigns using it to make it more recognizable

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom