Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.biz or .us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which is the strongest extension and which one would you have .us or .biz for example : mp3player.us or mp3player.biz

Which one would command the most money as just a domain and what type of price difference i.e 2x 5x 10x the difference !

Thanks !

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
Which is the strongest extension and which one would you have .us or .biz for example : mp3player.us or mp3player.biz

Which one would command the most money as just a domain and what type of price difference i.e 2x 5x 10x the difference !

Thanks !

My own preference in the above example (mp3player) alone would be to think the .biz is better suited. I find that to be the case in most "singular" product related keyword strings because they can be used to define a business specializing in that particular product.

For my tastes, the very strong .us ccTLD defines location, and may be better suited to the "plural" form as in (mp3players.us) where it can be used to more determine a particular marketplace location. A directory of businesses selling mp3players in the US would work better using the .us extension rather than the .biz me thinks.

Hard to then apply multiples in values without knowing the application. When looking at location keywords instead of product types, it becomes easier. For example, I've found that US City .us names are valued higher than US City .biz names currently, and seem to trade at 10x the reseller rates.
Doc

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
My own preference in the above example (mp3player) alone would be to think the .biz is better suited. I find that to be the case in most "singular" product related keyword strings because they can be used to define a business specializing in that particular product.

For my tastes, the very strong .us ccTLD defines location, and may be better suited to the "plural" form as in (mp3players.us) where it can be used to more determine a particular marketplace location. A directory of businesses selling mp3players in the US would work better using the .us extension rather than the .biz me thinks.

Hard to then apply multiples in values without knowing the application. When looking at location keywords instead of product types, it becomes easier. For example, I've found that US City .us names are valued higher than US City .biz names currently, and seem to trade at 10x the reseller rates.
Doc
Wow thanks for the advice it was a domain i was chasing and i know the .us version fetched over 20k and was wondering what the .biz version would be worth,they want 8k for it !

M

mole

hmm, seems very B2C this term. .BIZ will make the name a big stodgy, unless this is really a wholesaler site or something, .US will probably fit better.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
hmm, seems very B2C this term. .BIZ will make the name a big stodgy, unless this is really a wholesaler site or something, .US will probably fit better.

Thanks for the input mole !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom