Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.Biz registrations strong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Wonder why the sudden surge in .biz registrations? Could be that whois.sc had a bit of a problem with the zone files and lumped a couple of days together.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great performance for "bhizz"- extension...

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I have only one measly .BIZ ("BestName.BIZ") ... so now I feel a little better with its purchase. I think the key, though, is IF you register a .BIZ, say a one-worder like Brick.BIZ, you also should register BrickBiz.com ... at least that makes sense to me! ;) Thanks and Good Luck.BIZ!

D

Desi

Originally posted by CoolHost
I think the key, though, is IF you register a .BIZ, say a one-worder like Brick.BIZ, you also should register BrickBiz.com ... at least that makes sense to me!

That's so absurd. Its like saying if you register Chicago.info, also get ChicagoInfo.com....What's the point then of having new tlds? For some it seems just so damn hard to think outside of the (.com) box...:rolleyes:

Often times here, it feels like being on a "DC Forum" (Dot Com Forum) instead of DN Forum...May be owners/administrators (given that they themselves often seem quite averse to the new tlds) should consider changing its name to DCForum.com :eek:

D

dkny

chicago.info - to get travel info, local info, weather info about chicago
chicago.biz - bizness in chicago
chicago.com - well, everything
chicago.org - non-profit org in chicago
chicago.net - also no-focus
chicago.us - yes, i know chicago is in the us

D

Desi

Originally posted by dkny
chicago.info - to get travel info, local info, weather info about chicago
How about Job Info, Real-Estate info, Business info, etc. etc...Can we leave anything out?

chicago.biz - bizness in chicago[/B]

True since this is a restricted tld.

chicago.org - non-profit org in chicago[/B]

Was supposed to be that way...Does it still hold?

chicago.net - also no-focus[/B]

Agreed.

chicago.com - well, everything[/B

Well, Well....it may not be as good as it sounds today. Remember the days when there was just one "doctor" who provided all types of treatment from tummy-ache to tooth-ache to surgeries to delivering babies to even taking care of you pets ailments if needed....How many of those you find surviving these days? In any field you look at the evolution is towards specialization and narrowing of focus...why the DNS would be any different?

chicago.us - yes, i know chicago is in the us [/B

Good for you...:D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"That's so absurd. Its like saying if you register Chicago.info, also get ChicagoInfo.com...."

Yes. Exactly! THAT is what I'm saying. Good Luck :)

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"That's so absurd. Its like saying if you register Chicago.info, also get ChicagoInfo.com...."

That's such a retarded mindset... it's a state of mind that refuses to think of the DNS as anything but a flat namespace under .com.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if other addressing systems were (ab)used the same way? Like if people thought that the only "true" place for street addresses to be was in New York City, so that even a business in Dubuque, Iowa would feel compelled to get a New York address or else nobody would find it, or people would think it's less serious business-wise if it insists on using a low-class Dubuque address when New York is king. And a business that's at 1 West 42nd St. in some other city would be urged to "defensively" purchase the corresponding address in New York.

How absurd.

M

mole

hmm... a 3-D view of namespace is not exactly the stuff of dotcom boom instant riches artificial scarcity dreams :eek:

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Umm ... I think Mole and I agree!? ;)
And, to DTobias, I have no idea what you said above. Comparing internet names/namespace to physical, geographic locations seems odd. I guess I'll have to think about it a tad more ... but until then, think .COM! Good Luck.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to DTobias, I have no idea what you said above.

I think he said you're retarded. :)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

And You're EXACTLY wrong (obviously IMHO).

Good Luck is all ours...(& yours unless you don't open up your eyes to new realities....don't be your own enemy) :) :) :)

Happy Holidays & Much Happier and Propserous 2003 :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom