Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Black eye is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see Pemium Domain has chosen to put their Black Eye banner back in the mix.
A picture of a woman with a black eye and mascara running with the words...Don't get abused,

Image2.jpg

I do not understand this form of advertising at all in this day and age.

Previously I even suggested they change the wording to something like..."Don't get caught crying because you paid too much for your domain"....but apparently they still find this OK.

Never ceases to amaze me....oh well

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well France has a new president who promised to clean the suburbs from the scum (he was actually referring to unpriviledged immigrants living in poverty conditions) so maybe Francois - who voted for him - wants to make a bold statement.

All this, tongue-in-cheek.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, that is the first time I have ever actually read the text on that banner... Not in the best taste, that's for sure...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never noticed it before, but I recognize the banner and never really read through the text. I didn't think it was a black eye, but a heavy mascara job. I guess when you read through the whole thing your interpretation certainly makes sense. Is it a man or a woman?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never noticed it before, but I recognize the banner and never really read through the text. I didn't think it was a black eye, but a heavy mascara job. I guess when you read through the whole thing your interpretation certainly makes sense. Is it a man or a woman?
Howard Stern.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes John it did...but in a bad way.....which is why I posted this.
Just my views though...I am sure some will think it is harmless enough....

European marketing style - we can't never understand it!

But..

It's catching....

and....

Get

Your

Attention.

Did it?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
European marketing style - we can't never understand it!

But..

It's catching....

and....

Get

Your

Attention.

Did it?

Sure. It caught my attention. And others are talking about it. But guess what? That time was wasted. I lost respect for the advertiser and refuse to click on the link or use their tools.

Nor will I buy domains based on their value system.

As a victim of physical abuse when I was a child, it hits too close to home. If this is where advertising is going, if this is what DNF is going to allow, so be it. Everyone will just have to learn the hard way that there ARE many different marketing methods and plenty of methods you can use which are much more effective.

Advertisers are supposed to make people feel good about the product.

So I don't see the point. You advertise to get business right? Or do you advertise to get people talking. Talk fades. But loyal customers remain. I guess I don't get it. *shurgs*

Just my two cents.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guys - I think you've dissected Francois in every possible way. The way I see it DNF wants $3K (if I'm not mistaken) per month for that ad placement.. If he pays for it why the constant nagging?

PS I do agree with some of your comments, and i'm just playing devil's advocate but for god's sake this is a domain forum so move on ;)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As he is a responsible advertiser and one who's sympathetic to consumers' views, I think he should re-evaluate the campaign. It's not as if he doesn't have a rotation plan. The fact is that it's distasteful to many people and maybe we're helping him out here. Hence the constant posts about it.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All that is really needed is a change of verbage...
Understand...I don't think for one minute that Francois condones domestic abuse...
I just think that maybe he would have picked up on this the last time it came up....
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=211046

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As he is a responsible advertiser and one who's sympathetic to consumers' views, I think he should re-evaluate the campaign. It's not as if he doesn't have a rotation plan. The fact is that it's distasteful to many people and maybe we're helping him out here. Hence the constant posts about it.

Dale I agree but I also believe that most who complain wouldn't use his services even if he did rotate ;) so it's kind of pointless imo

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's clearly not a black eye. Simply someone crying that happens to be wearing mascara. I think this is a case of the viewers first impression based on their own experience (be it personal or from reading the news and listening to the media).

Almost all of us have been abused in one way or another and to different degrees. I personally didnt take it as playing on physical abuse at all, and I'm very much against any form of abuse.

Either way, this advertiser has gotten attention at least twice now on the forum. Money well spent I'd say.

Jack

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Too many domain sellers are selling garbage domains at premium prices".

Who are these domain sellers? How do I become one?

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive seen worse...but that one there doesnt get my attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom