Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Blacklist Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska56

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a couple domins in my account at Namecheap that have a blacklist status according to Whois.sc

They where new reg at the time of my purchase and I have never had a site up for them. They have just been parked.

What does this mean and should I worry about it?

What should I do?

Thanks...

Try-Searching.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alaska56 said:
I have a couple domins in my account at Namecheap that have a blacklist status according to Whois.sc

They where new reg at the time of my purchase and I have never had a site up for them. They have just been parked.

What does this mean and should I worry about it?

What should I do?

Thanks...

sometimes when a domain gets blacklisted there is little that can be done, howerver, there are also times when i have known google and others to give a second chance, but this requires contacting them and advising of the situation, make sure whatever offense or offenses that were being conducted are complete taken care of first,

it can be an uphill battle for sure but you can get them off that list, just going to take some time and effort, good luck,

alaska56

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

How did it ever get blacklisted though?

The ones that are blacklisted are new reg and have only been parked.

I did not do anything with these domains.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whoissc sometimes lists domains as blacklisted when they arent actually blacklisted by search engines, some kind of internal mechanism

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the blacklist was to do with the domain being connected to the sending of spam in some way, rather than search engine blacklist.

I think if you follow the link for "history" of blocking for artritis.org, you will find this to be the case.

The references there are to blacklisting at spamhouse.org, which I believe is to do with e-mail spam.

Parked domains can get blacklisted for spam sometimes because they are hosted on an ip with thousands of other domains, some of which are blacklisted, I think.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe they will usually blacklist IP's so perhaps the IP it is parked with is blacklisted.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is why I fight so hard to get clean IP addresses they are not blacklisted so when I email from my sites they do not end up in the spam or bulk email folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom