Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Block Flash ads - including the digipawn banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That digipawn ad is back - sans the sound! But when I surf, I want a clean experience; sometimes I turn images off (when I'm at work). But that ad is in Flash and it always shows.

Here's how to turn off all Flash and have control over what plays.

1. Download Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org
2. Install the following plugin http://flashblock.mozdev.org

You will have to restart Firefox twice; after that, each container of Flash *will* load but it won't play. Instead, a "play" button will be displayed allowing you to play the content, if you feel inclined to.

Domain Days 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a related (or unrelated) note, one may also want to consider either:

a) going back to 1985, when all a monitor showed was a black screen with some green neon text; or

b) getting used to progressing into the future, at a much faster speed than ever before I must say. :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You missed the point. It's not a matter of faster loading times - even though that's a good enough reason to block ads. It's a matter of not getting intrusive and annoying content displayed. The digipawn ad got on my nerves especially when sound effects were on. You can now block individual flash elements, including that ad.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've long run with Active-X set to prompt in MSIE - that alone eliminates much of the annoyances, such as Flash.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom