Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Blog vs Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, all domainers. Hope you can help a newbie like me.

I'm trying to find out what's the difference between a blog and a forum. Is this forum considered a type of blog?

If I want to build a website that has people posting threads on certain topics or issue, like what people do in this dnforum, do I tell web host that I want a site, with a forum in it? Are there different types of forum? Are there different kind of lay out? I'm just wondering.

Thanks for shedding light on the definition.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a forum not a blog. You post and get responses. Your post is generally not an article. Blogs are similar to articles, which may allow comments to it. Forums are interactions amongst members. I would suggest searching different forums and blogs on the net, and you should see clear distinctions.

When you have hosting, creating a forum, or blog is quite simple, especially if you are using cpanel.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a forum not a blog. You post and get responses. Your post is generally not an article. Blogs are similar to articles, which may allow comments to it. Forums are interactions amongst members. I would suggest searching different forums and blogs on the net, and you should see clear distinctions.

When you have hosting, creating a forum, or blog is quite simple, especially if you are using cpanel.

Thank you for your response, fab. I did a search on the net. The definition they gave me is still a blur to me.

What about when people go on to myspace account, and write comments on a member's board? Is this considered a blog?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

talas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blog: A man centered
Forum: A community centered

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is how I understand it:

Blog is short for web log or journal (as in the log of a ship, which details the daily happenings on board).

A forum is the online version of the real Roman forum, where citizens came to make their comments about what was going on in Rome.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is how I understand it:

Blog is short for web log or journal (as in the log of a ship, which details the daily happenings on board).

A forum is the online version of the real Roman forum, where citizens came to make their comments about what was going on in Rome.

thank you mallie for contributing to my learning.

So, blog is indidual, and by individual on a daily basis.

Forum is a group interactive discussion on a particular topic.

Can a blog be more than an individual? Can a group of people post in response to a blog?

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you mallie for contributing to my learning.

Glad to be able to help by adding to earlier comments, Vincent.

Though I should have mentioned that the Roman forum was a gathering rather than having people pop in and out separately with their contributions, as can be done with an online forum.

Of course, blogs can be interactive, too, in the sense that readers can leave comments on them. But they're not as interactive as forums (fora?), where members tend to contribute more or less equally rather than having to follow the lead of the main blogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom