Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Blood Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It appears that hypocrat assholes at BuyDomains/NameMedia aren't ashamed to be selling others' intellectual property ideas so openly, despite trying to portray themselves as being good, corporate citizens.

Latest case is a Hollywood's action flick "Blood Diamond" whose domain equivalent ( BloodDomain.com ) is on sale at Evil Empire.

Domain Days 2024

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears that hypocrat assholes at BuyDomains/NameMedia aren't ashamed to be selling others' intellectual property ideas so openly, despite trying to portray themselves as being good, corporate citizens.

Latest case is a Hollywood's action flick "Blood Diamond" whose domain equivalent ( BloodDomain.com ) is on sale at Evil Empire.

Strange, it's parked on Hitfarm (Not the platform NameMedia uses), regged at Nameview (not NameMedia's registrar) and does not show up in a search for blooddomain at BuyDomains.com

Pass the pipe

Not in Afternic either...

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, obviously I meant to write BloodDiamond.com (which is just-about-to-be-mass-released Hollywood action flick starring Leondardo DiCaprio) - not BloodDomain.com :) Anyway, where's Stocdoctor now?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain created on 18-Dec-2003

seems like it was their idea first

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
blood diamond is no one's intellectual property

A conflict diamond (also called a blood diamond or a war diamond) is a diamond mined in a war zone and sold, usually clandestinely, in order to finance an insurgent or invading army's war efforts.

In some cases, the United Nations has prohibited the export of conflict diamonds, arguing that their trade finances combatants, who may at one time or another be fighting for or against a government, but it is civilians who bear the brunt of violence and mutilations

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain created on 18-Dec-2003

seems like it was their idea first

You are sadly mistaken if you think Hollywood came up with the idea for this movie couple months ago and filmed it three weeks ago. Hollywood movies are proposed/speculated/written/developed several years ahead of their release dates. If you read today's Hollywood Reporter or Variety you will probably come across movie ideas/proposals that are being passed around the movie industry right now, and which may or may not materialize themselves in years time. Because they are in stage where no studio has expressed the firm interest, let alone committed any signatures, not to mention money and stars to it, most likely their equivalent .com domains are free at the moment.

Yeah, and apple is no one's intellectual property either. Apple is something which falls from a tree on top of our head and we eat it like monkeys.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, obviously I meant to write BloodDiamond.com (which is just-about-to-be-mass-released Hollywood action flick starring Leondardo DiCaprio) - not BloodDomain.com :) Anyway, where's Stocdoctor now?
I'm right here, and bumped into this post. I think everyone knows my stand against flagrant TM squatting (cyber or typo), but I also stand by domainers who are not squatting but are still threatened by companies trying to pull off reverse hijacking.

It all comes down to bad faith, if it exists, and how it's proven. In most cases I think it's pretty easy to see from who regged a name, when it was regged, and how it's being used.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
self edit...

not in the mood to dance with ugly women

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
self edit...

not in the mood to dance with ugly women
Who is the ugly woman? And bring me some popcorn too

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

BTW, the hollywood movies just make people loose money on popcorn to greedy theaters. Anything over 20.00 should not be concidered a snack.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

A conflict diamond (also called a blood diamond or a war diamond) is a diamond mined in a war zone and sold, usually clandestinely, in order to finance an insurgent or invading army's war efforts.

In some cases, the United Nations has prohibited the export of conflict diamonds, arguing that their trade finances combatants, who may at one time or another be fighting for or against a government, but it is civilians who bear the brunt of violence and mutilations

All db's diamonds are blood diamonds...

the blood which comes from the people who live and die in the diamond mines in South Africa.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch's arguement has no merit. Blood Diamond was a known term long before this movie was being made. I know the term was used in the movie "Lord of War"...and that movie was made long before this one.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is like discussing things with children.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blood Diamond term has been in diamond industry since like last 20 years.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blood Diamond term has been in diamond industry since like last 20 years.

Oh Jesus Christ already! One thing is a useless term that floats outthere and nobody does anything with it, and another thing is when somebody buys rights to write/develop a Hollywood movie script based on events in Sierra Leone in 1990s. The moment producers/writters decided to name this proposed movie script "Blood Diamond" is the moment this become their intellectual property idea (as it relates to movie). My argument is that the Evil Empire jumped on this domain the moment they found out that movie with such title might potentially be in the works.

Anyway, I can't prove this for certain, but the Evil Empire can't prove it otherwise either. And since serial registrators (especially the behemoths like them) are pro-active, speculative, exploitative and blood-sucking by nature, the burden of proof is unto them, not me.

Irregardless, they have plenty of potentially TM-infringing names on open sale even if you don't count this one. However, that's not the point, the point is that for someone who supposedly pursues "clean corporate acts", they seem to be just as dirty as the slimy, lecherous fella in the peep-show booth next to them.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Why not get your pu$$y wet before taking the grandmother stance. :lol:

Why, is that a requirement to post an opinion here?

Sort of like needing to be a "decorated U.S. war veteran" (Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld) before you can send this country to war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom