Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Board Member "unhatched"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal ... but board member "unhatched" had the winning bid on one of my names this past Sunday and has not followed through with the deal. I emailed and PM 'd him.

Just a warning to other members about this member. I have PM'd the member that the sale is null and void. I ask for no other action by other members or Mods.

Shaun

Upvote 0

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make that Strike Two on Unhatched. He also won one of my auctions for Piledriver.net and has ignored repeated requests for payment. Since he has stiffed at least two members from the last auction I would also warn members about dealing with him.

What penalties does the forum have in place to deal with live auction deadbeats? GregR used to give them the electric chair - has that changed? I would that think you cannot let people who have failed to pay for previous auctions continue to bid in future auctions and stiff other members. That undermines confidence in the auction and is very harmful to all members.

Incidently I can't find anywhere that this member has ever made a single post. What membership level did he have?

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I vote:

1st strike= banned from th auction for one month
2nd strike banned from the board!

For our auction to remain viable, it requires a near zero tolerance policy!

WebCat

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

This place is full of remarkably honest people compared to other marketplaces, ie: eBay.

It's important that we keep this community free of fraud because I'd like to think I could trust everyone on here with a purchase/sale.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regarding Unhatched - he bid on another of my names in last week's auction and did pay for it...at the same time he made the overdue payment for piledriver.net so I no longer have any outstanding issues with him.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is unacceptable behaviour and should merit action from the Admins to remove the privilege of sharing in the auction.

[EDIT]

This post was made at the same time as Duke's where he indicates that two payments were made, although late. This puts a different light on the situation and therefore more time may be necessary for contact to be resolved.

[EDIT]

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You've banned Members for much less so do what needs to be done.

Mike

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing you are out is the lost opportunity to sell it to someone else. But, you still have the name.

Maybe, we should give this guy (or gal) the benefit of the doubt. Maybe, he/she had marital or physical problems. Maybe he/she was sent to Iraq. ???

I am extemely honorable with my business dealings. and, I trust everyone on this forum.

But, don't we have enough members being banned?

Duke, I am glad to hear that he/she paid you for both of the names.

I guess this person should consider this " a warning to shape up or ship out".

shortcutgramp

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There should be some type of ation taken to protect the members who act in good faith and professional manner.
Those that do not pay on items won in the auction should be banned or at least suspended from bidding for a period of time.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have a few less Members and not have to worry if the Winner of my Auction will actually pay up.

If it takes a week to get paid or maybe not, you could loose a sale from another interested party thinking the name was sold, only to find out later it wasnt.

I take care of my winnings within 24hrs, theres no reason for it to take longer. Sending payment via PP takes all but 30 sec., the same with the Domain push.

If the Member provides a reason which is accepted then fine, give another chance to pay up. If they dont want to pay up, get rid of them.

Mike

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unhatched also put my domain name, xbusiness.com, in the auction a couple of weeks ago. Too bad no one bought it. :)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For that matter, he accepted the $250 payment two weeks ago for flowers.cc and didn't deliver the name yet. Has anyone heard from him at all?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
For that matter, he accepted the $250 payment two weeks ago for flowers.cc and didn't deliver the name yet. Has anyone heard from him at all?

Bad news - obviously there IS need to take action.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have emailed unhatched and asked him to please take care of all the uncompleted transactions in this thread within 48 hours. If you have a pending transaction with unhatched, please post it here.

If nothing happens within 48 hours from this post, please reply.

This action is to give our members a chance to get their money before a more permenant action is taken.

Unhatched, I would advise you to redeem yourself.

Thanks

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Luckily I don't have to deal with unhatched.

Just want to deal with hatched from now on.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from unhatched?

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
unhatched is now uncatched ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom