Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Board time, Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The board time is 8 mins too slow. Might want to make sure the server time is syncing to a NTP server regularly.

Also, the front page of this site loads VERY slowly using the Mozilla browser. By slow, I mean 30 or 40 seconds. This is the only site where this happens, so you might want to examine your HTML. Others have experienced the same problem.

Removing the list of logged-in / today's members from the front page, and instead putting them on a separate page, might help.....not sure what else is causing it. Sometimes it seems to be taking time to read the XML news headlines that you're using from feeddirect, and other times it seems to be the AdSense. Hmmmmmm. Every other board I use loads fast, so I doubt it's my system at fault.

Upvote 0

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happens on FireFox too for me. I have fresh installations, with default settings for the most part, so unclear why.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been using full-blown Moz for over a year and a half now (not Firefox/bird).

I've never had a problem with this board... the front page loads in about 5 secs for me in Mozilla 1.5. It took about 5 secs in Firefox 0.9.2 and 8 secs in Firebird 0.7 on another (slower) box.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be network traffic spurts with the feeddirect feed.
I saw others that complained about this, it seemed to start after feeddirect was incorporated into the site.
I use mozilla as well, and the load time is actually quite fast for me.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im using Firefox.

The front page does load slow for me, sometimes. Usually when loading the "Who's Online" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom