Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Bogus email with a dotca reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got this in my email today. Obviously a fake but interesting that they used dotca web at the bottom of their email. Before you go clicking to see if it is legit - it is not - it is not even registered.

ACCOUNT MAINTAINANCE TEAM [[email protected]] (site is parked)

Attn: Email-ACCOUNT HOLDER,

Important, Harmful viruses have been detected in your account that may be harmful to our unit. You subscriber is required to enter your username and password here {_________,_________} Allowing us to establish an anti-virus in your user account to clear this virus. we need your co-operation in this, providing us with this information allows us to insert into your machine to clean anti-virus. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cost.

Failure to do this, we regret to inform you that your account will be deleted immediately to prevent damage to our subscriber unit.

Thank you for using Webmail,
We are pleased at your service
Online-Webmaster.ca (name not even registered)

Cheers
Phil

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil. Will keep an eye open.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just came in my regular email... (shaw account) not hotmail, gmail msn or whatever. I've been posting some of the scammails I get on a WP site. ( had .ca) It keeps me entertained. (I am easily amused )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom