Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bogus ENOM Reseller Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that there is a group of bogus $6.95 ENOM Reseller accounts being marketed recently. Appears that their was a "glitch in the system" as they call it, that allowed these accounts to be established under all resellers at ENOM for tier 2 - tier 3 and beyond. We discovered a few under us. Our policy is to immediately change all pricing on these accounts back to retail rates. The purpose of this post is to make all BUYERS BEWARE - Watch who you buy one of these accounts from and make sure that it is a full tier #1 reseller account. Just a heads up to all - Steve

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steve, I have been warning people for months about the secondary market on $6.95 sub-accounts. People don't want to hear it because they don't believe until somebody jacks their prices up. Before Matt left he told me on the phone that they eventually want to clean up the sub-$6.95 pool because a) the ETP who assumes the risk gets nothing in return after the initial sale, b) they mildly deflate the value of a true ETP account, and c) anytime a sub-$6.95 account gets jammed it causes eNom yet another black-eye.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eSology said:
Steve, I have been warning people for months about the secondary market on $6.95 sub-accounts. People don't want to hear it because they don't believe until somebody jacks their prices up. Before Matt left he told me on the phone that they eventually want to clean up the sub-$6.95 pool because a) the ETP who assumes the risk gets nothing in return after the initial sale, b) they mildly deflate the value of a true ETP account, and c) anytime a sub-$6.95 account gets jammed it causes eNom yet another black-eye.

Yes we saw this coming over the past 4 years with this program as well. We were one of the first Resellers at ENOM and are one of the larger they have. From time to time we have these discount accounts available as first tier, full reseller accounts as clients close their business or what have you. We try to get them in the hands of small - growing companies that can take advantage of these without the full deposit necessary. Now we are seeing 2nd tier and even 3rd tier $6.95 reseller accounts that have been set up and being sold on the open market. If we find any of these accounts under us, we immediately raise the prices to our open account rates in the $8.95 range per domain. The master account still has to maintain all tech support, issues as they arise, etc. on these accounts. Glad you saw this same issue as a problem. Hope this makes a few folks aware so they can steer clear of these bogus accounts. I always tell them - when in doubt - do not buy - Steve

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where can you find this info about your account? thanks.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Restecpa said:
Where can you find this info about your account? thanks.
Check who your ETP - or the reseller who your account is under and ask them if you are a 1st. tier reseller account - You could also open a support ticket at ENOM and tell themn your concerns and they will give you the details. Best of luck - Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom