Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BookMark.com - Appraised at $1,500,000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah baby bookmark.com is appraised by 12345whatever.com at a freaky $1.5 million.

The guy is also throwing shit on us. "This domain is owned by a private owner not a reseller"....

His name is Rod, but the domain is owned by Burrage, John :confused:

He either is trying to sell someone's name or a broker (which means he is a reseller too:D )

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by dkny
great. nice name. would end at $1500 - $2000. good luck

I would give 2000 for bookmark.com without even thinking.

-Bob

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dkny, even on Ebay that name will earn at least 7 or 8 thousand dollars.

Lord Baltimore

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth only about $1,000. I've got a name that's kind of similiar and it took me several years to figure out how to make any money off it. I just don't see what the big interest is about.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$10K as of 7PM (PT) on 10/19 with 23 bids. So already its 10 times more than what some have predicted here.

Once again, either the domain-market is improving or the folks on this forum are just too conservative in their estimates and may be bit tooooo.... pessimistic as well. Obviously, there are understandable reasons for having some of such feelings but I feel that just like the stock market the pendulum re. domain valuation might have swung too far to the south.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DryHeat
the folks on this forum are just too conservative in their estimates and may be bit tooooo.... pessimistic as well.

you think? :D

Lord Baltimore

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think the traffic is like? I say 20 uniques a day, max. Hardly worth the money that people are saying.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a great domain name. In my guesstimation, the domain receives 400-900 visits per day just from people typing in the domain.

I would drop 10k on this fellow any day. If my wife would agree is another matter. :embarrass

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lord Baltimore
I think it's worth only about $1,000. I've got a name that's kind of similiar and it took me several years to figure out how to make any money off it. I just don't see what the big interest is about.

share your name please.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
This is a great domain name. In my guesstimation, the domain receives 400-900 visits per day just from people typing in the domain

I'd agree with your guesstimation -RJ- in fact I'd say it would probably be more at the top end of that figure, ie 900-1,200 per day.

Having said that, the type-in traffic I would guess is from people looking for sites like tommys bookmark.com and are just typing in bookmark.com because they forgot the first name and couldn't remember whether it has an 's', etc.

You can see this by typing in bookmark.com at the Overture Search Term Suggestion Tool
http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fizz, good point with the overture results. What have you found for the relation between the overture result for a .com vs. the number of actual type-ins?

I have a couple domains that get high overture type-ins. The ratio seems to be 1:1.2 ratio (overture type-ins:daily type-ins) with mine.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What have you found for the relation between the overture result for a .com vs. the number of actual type-ins?

I have a couple domains that get high overture type-ins. The ratio seems to be 1:1.2 ratio (overture type-ins:daily type-ins) with mine.

Excellent question -RJ- I don't have many names that show the .com as type-ins at Overture, but one that currently shows 57 gets consistently 100 to 130 type-ins per day, suggesting at 1:2 ratio. Maybe others with good type-ins may be able to share their ratios based on observations over a longer period of time?

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Three of my domains. I guess the ratio for last month is around 1/1.5 for September.

Domain #1
Overture type-ins for Sept 2002: 8200
Average type-ins per day: 11500

Domain #2
Overture: 430
Type-ins: aprox 700

Domain #3
Overture: 650
Type-ins: 1000

My theory is that sites that have a higher percentage of newbie Internet users would have a higher ratio, due to the reasoning more experienced Internet users are less likely to go to a search engine to type in a domain name. :)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My theory is that sites that have a higher percentage of newbie Internet users would have a higher ratio, due to the reasoning more experienced Internet users are less likely to go to a search engine to type in a domain name. :)

Excellent theory. You certainly have some fantastic type-ins -RJ- :cool:

Hoodrider

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thats it!!! PLENTO.COM is going on eBay. I should get fair market value at $100,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom