Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bought a domain at BIN at Afternic, seller refuses to honor the contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

hola987

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain through afternic one week ago, at ASKING PRICE (BIN),
and already payed for it.
today i received a mail from the seller that he doesn't want to sell at that price, and he doesn't want to honor the contract.
Rules at afternic tell that im right, i have a contract! what i have to do now?

Is there someone from afternic who can fix this issue?

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you contact Afternic support? They have to refund your money and kick him out.

hola987

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As for now, no news from afternic, and in "My Afternic" escrow menu, the transaction has disappeared.. is this serious?

DonColonel

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happend to me a few times aswell, both as seller and as buyer.... too many people without honor in this business.... if you make a mistake then you have to pay for it... if you say you buy then you have to fullfill the order, but problem is that it has no consequenzes for people if they get kicked out from one platform, as they just join another... and a few weeks later they are probably back with another email etc.... its a problem the aftermarket in general has to do something about. just my 2 cents.

hola987

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, in this situation I don't see any error.. I payed about 3000$, more than a week ago, for a domain listed at asking price (BIN). And as for today i have only this mail of the seller who refuses to honor the contract and no news from afternic.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right...I have had names I forgot about offering a BIN on and a year later it is snapped up and I meant to take the BIN down as I only had it there as a deal for someone who inquired, but passed on it.

Guess what...I am obligated to sell the name and I do..no matter how much I do not want to.

Please share with us who is not making good on this sale. Thanks.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As for now, no news from afternic, and in "My Afternic" escrow menu, the transaction has disappeared.. is this serious?

Check you account where the payment came from (bank account, credit card etc.. and see if you were charged or if there is a reversal in process.

too many people without honor in this business.... if you make a mistake then you have to pay for it... if you say you buy then you have to fullfill the order, but problem is that it has no consequenzes for people if they get kicked out from one platform, as they just join another... and a few weeks later they are probably back with another email etc.... its a problem the aftermarket in general has to do something about. just my 2 cents.

Add in if they make a mistake, you pay.

I agree and the sad part is that it is very hard for most domainers to keep track of these people (and is it worth the time consumption?), so even if the whole community banned together to out these people they can very eaisly change their identity, WhoIs information and only some of the better community members would be able to point them out, which I highly doubt they have the time to track it all down for each situation.

Right...I have had names I forgot about offering a BIN on and a year later it is snapped up and I meant to take the BIN down as I only had it there as a deal for someone who inquired, but passed on it.

Guess what...I am obligated to sell the name and I do..no matter how much I do not want to.

Please share with us who is not making good on this sale. Thanks.

Wow, honor, doens't exist much today (in any industry). I actually sold a domain where I talked the purchase price DOWN from the buyer (they didn't see my opening price and offered much more than that, so we met half way).

The good news is that honorable people will have a long track record of being honorable (including sales and purchases at many price levels) but might make it that much harder for new people (and we were all new at one point) to do business.

hola987

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Other 4 days passed and no news coming from afternic..

namesdencom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought one from SEDO and the seller refused to honor it. See my post on this forum if you want to save time effort money and aggravation.

$1000 and two lawyer contacts to SEDO and the seller for absolutely nothing.

This is liberal America 2008 where apparently contracts honor dignity ethics are words that only meant something in a by-gone era.

I feel your pain but get used to it it's going to get worse before its gets better IMO.

hola987

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read this in seller's rules, copy and paste from Afternic:

Please note that you are bound by the Asking, Reserve and Floor Prices that you set.
If your domain sells at any of these prices, you are in a binding agreement to sell your name.

And in the membership agreement, copy and paste from Afternic:

If you receive an offer to purchase the rights to a Domain Name at or above your "Reserve" or "Floor" price,
as established by you when you list a Domain Name for sale with the Company.,
then you are obligated to complete the transaction.

I believe that Afternic has to protect my rights,
or these rules are worth nothing.

None from Afternic/NameMedia here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom