Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bound by Suspicious Bid at Snapnames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always mass join auctions at snapnames and rarely if ever bid above the default amount. However, I am now just hours away from becoming the unlucky "winner" of an LLL.info at a $380 initial bid.

I emailed support the second the auction went live and have received no response. There are 5 other initial bidders ranging from $59 up to $380 so this is not a case of me not noticing a higher than normal reserve on the auction. Before I call them I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. I fully understand that bids are legally binding and have all due respect for the integrity of the system, but what recourse do I have for fighting a bid I simply did not and would not have ever made?

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was an auction name with the minimum bid as their reserve price? I've started noticing these over over the last couple months. I'm so used to seeing snap minimum bids from $59-$99 that I might overlook a random $1000 minimum bid or something too. Do you think you could've checked one with the default bid as $380? I would try explaining that to them and politely ask that they re-list the name since you made an honest after a UI change on their site. No idea if it will work though.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at first I thought I screwed up and let one of those minimum bid at reserve price listings slip through, but then I checked the bid history. 10 of us on the initial bid with others bidding $59 on up. The only way it could be a reserve price min bid is if snapnames is giving different min bids to different users.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't pay for it...then they'll answer...they will even call you :) You can explain the problem there, and they'll tell you not to do it again. And you politely say OK.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got a call back from Snapnames - still a little confused as to how so many others were able to bid $59 and mine was set at $380 - perhaps the seller changed the reserve after bids had been placed? Anyhow, it looks like the issue will be resolved.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snap is usually pretty responsive...Glad to hear it is taken care of...I had a similar situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom