Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Broken Sale Contract - Looking To A Hire Lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have funds stuck in escrow, and a seller who refuses to transfer several domains into my ownership, as agreed to within our sale contract. According to a Whois check, the seller has sold the domains to someone else, as the registrant information has changed.

I am looking to hire a lawyer with domain experience, if you fit the build, or know someone who does, please PM asap.

Thanks.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will not do business with John Berryhill. The guy couldn't muster the human decency to respond to an inquiry that we had very briefly discussed a while back. Are there any other lawyers here at the DNForum that answer inquiries, as they are easier to work with. :D

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will not do business with John Berryhill. The guy couldn't muster the human decency to respond to an inquiry that we had very briefly discussed a while back. Are there any other lawyers here at the DNForum that answer inquiries, as they are easier to work with. :D

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i've heard nothing less than amazing things for John... I wouldn't take it so personally as you did, he's probably busy...

not to mention he produces outstanding results, see the engineer.biz WIPO case...

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i've heard nothing less than amazing things for John... I wouldn't take it so personally as you did, he's probably busy...

not to mention he produces outstanding results, see the engineer.biz WIPO case...

Nothing against him personally, I just perfer to do business with people that respond to my emails. Do you know of any other lawyers around the forum?

D

Deleted member 70408

Nothing against him personally, I just perfer to do business with people that respond to my emails. Do you know of any other lawyers around the forum?
John gets thousands of emails. Don't you have a phone to call him?? I don't know too many legit lawyers willing to discuss a case via email.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Probably deleted as spam :D.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may have perhaps limited your self to a specialty. If it is contractual law and you have all documentation to demonstrate breech of contract, you may not need to hire one who specializes in domains.

But in the meantime while you are trying to line one up, I would strongly suggest you immediately contact the losing and gaining registrar and let them know your intent. This will slow or stop the transfer process and even if it has proceeded, the domains will be in dispute.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may have perhaps limited your self to a specialty. If it is contractual law and you have all documentation to demonstrate breech of contract, you may not need to hire one who specializes in domains.

But in the meantime while you are trying to line one up, I would strongly suggest you immediately contact the losing and gaining registrar and let them know your intent. This will slow or stop the transfer process and even if it has proceeded, the domains will be in dispute.

Thanks Doc Com, funny thing is I just did exactly what you suggested right before you posted. :lol: It seems the domains were pushed to another account with the same registrar, but I gave them the heads up anyways.

John gets thousands of emails. Don't you have a phone to call him?? I don't know too many legit lawyers willing to discuss a case via email.

It was just a preliminary contact to touch bases. Anyways, I just hired a contract lawyer, so mods can go ahead and lock the thread.

Thanks.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with looking for specialized help, although I'm wondering what
are Seraphim's qualifications for a lawyer who "fits the build". :D

Unfortunately, Seraphim, you're likely going to need a Court order to get the
registrar to lock the domain names. A registrar isn't obligated to care about
one's civil disputes with one of their clients until upon receipt of notice for a
filed legal action.

Good luck with your dispute.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Seraphim, you're likely going to need a Court order to get the registrar to lock the domain names. A registrar isn't obligated to care about one's civil disputes with one of their clients until upon receipt of notice for a filed legal action.

Dave is right, if the domain was hijacked or had some illegal activity, Registrars would do what they could and place a lock on it until it was resolved, but this is a "Civil" matter, completely different story.

Have you contacted Brett Lewis?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As little as it will accomplish, file the necessary forms with ICANN regarding disputes. At least you have done the necessary steps.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Closed on request of thread owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom