Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bugs bugs bugs... Problems problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is full of bugs and other problems...

1)Stats are always reported wrong. Please take a look here:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=114507

2)Sometimes I get two emails and two bidding threads open after I receive a SINGLE offer. Emails arrive at the same second and offer is the same.
This happened twice in the past couple of months.

3)Right now I have an offer in my "Offers list" that when I click on it gives me an error. I never got an email for this offer so I think that it simply doesn't exist or is some offer from last year with wrong date.

4)Commision is charged wrong. I just got charged 50 Euros for a 330 Euro domain. It should have been 33 Euro since it is parked.

5)I never get a "valid" notification when a payment is made to me by wire transfer. Sometimes I get an email after a sale saying "we have send you the money" but wire could have been send the previous day or not send yet.

6)Transfer process still has a lot of problem with useless email instead of the ones that are important eg. "The buyer's registrar is xxxxx" or "we have secured payment" or "we have send you the money". Instead I get emails saying "the buyer will now start the transfer"(what about the registrar) or "buyer told us he send payment"(that sometimes never arrives) or "please unlock your domain"(when domain is already unlocked).

The worst part is that sedo is not trying to do anything about all these problems and also not even acknowledges the problems.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've also found the BID tag on one of my Sedo domains on sale. I clicked it, ang i've got a db error message. I tried the same from "View offers" link, clicked on offer message and i've got the same error. In my stats, in "offers" column 4 offers were shown. But i din't get any email related to offers received.

I wrote 2 emails (as you know, time is essential to sell domains) and I've got one reply. "Shound be a bug. We have notified...".

I logged in again, and everything was OK! Just because BID tag, offer messages and offer numbers was zero.

Seems that they have been deleted. Or maybe i never got that offers.
Or maybe that was a bug which has created 2 fake offers in "view offers" and four "offers" in stats column.
Or maybe it was one real offer, got duplicated in "view offers" messages, got duplicated again in "offers column".
Or maybe they were 4 real offers that became 2.
Or maybe, as dvdrip said, since I never got an email for this offer, that it simply doesn't exist
Or maybe i've just lost one, two or four offers.
Or maybe I have a bug in my head, and i see things that are not real.
Or.... maybe... something else.

I think Sedo is the greatest PPC service available, they are so polite answering questions, but i get so frustrated by all the Bugs i see and other members report here. Most of them not are critical, but some others are very worrisomes. Sometime i think i could renounce to all this features and bugs, and switch to a "no-frills" PPC who pays a higher % on Google or Overture feeds and lets me focus on domain management and traffic monetization instead of trying to understand.... what "may be" this or that. When i see bugs, I feel so uncertain about stats, traffic, CPC etc.. What really helps me, is that i trust Sedo.

Sedo, i trust you. Can you please spend more (time and money) on testing your services and tools?

Thanks DVDrip for opening this thread.

dvdrip said:
Sedo is full of bugs and other problems...

1)Stats are always reported wrong. Please take a look here:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=114507

2)Sometimes I get two emails and two bidding threads open after I receive a SINGLE offer. Emails arrive at the same second and offer is the same.
This happened twice in the past couple of months.

3)Right now I have an offer in my "Offers list" that when I click on it gives me an offer. I never got an email for this offer so I think that it simply doesn't exist or is some offer from last year with wrong date.

4)Commision is charged wrong. I just got charged 50 Euros for a 330 Euro domain. It should have been 33 Euro since it is parked.

5)I never get a "valid" notification when a payment is made to me by wire transfer. Sometimes I get an email after a sale saying "we have send you the money" but wire could have been send the previous day or not send yet.

6)Transfer process still has a lot of problem with useless email instead of the ones that are important eg. "The buyer's registrar is xxxxx" or "we have secured payment" or "we have send you the money". Instead I get emails saying "the buyer will now start the transfer"(what about the registrar) or "buyer told us he send payment"(that sometimes never arrives) or "please unlock your domain"(when domain is already unlocked).

The worst part is that sedo is not trying to do anything about all these problems and also not even acknowledges the problems.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had 5 domains with offers and this database problem in the past 3 days.

2 of them have dissapeared from offers. These are the ones I never got an email.

I have other two that are still there but get this database errors.
Still no reply from sedo about this.

UPDATE FROM SEDO:
We recently experienced a slight bug in our bidding system between October 6th and 8th.
It only affected a small number of accounts, but unfortunately yours was one of them.

You may have received notification of a new bid on xxxxxx, only to find no record of this bid in your account. This was an error in our system and we have now cancelled the affected bid-thread.

We have also contacted the buyer and asked him to place a new bid on the domain. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would sedo like to comment on all these problems?

I am still missing my 17 Euros.

Also I lost 2 of 7 offers I had during this "bug period" because the buyer didn't make the offer again.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Rip. Contact Jay about this. I got fed up with Sedo for a while and he stepped in a did a killer job of helping me out. Anytime I have problems I go to him. After the support I receive now from him (for Sedo) I dont use anyone else. Hope you get your problems resolved!

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I Have the same problem here

when I click on a certain domain to see the negotiations the page goes to another domain?

Hope they fix everything soon

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My buyer, or may be buyers, never rebidded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom