Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bulk Authcodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to transfer about 400 domains out of Godaddy to Fabulous. Is there any way to get all the authcodes in bulk?

A support request about this was answered that I have to go to each domain name through the web interface and have to click I don't know how many buttons.

A request for the same thing to my fantastic account exec. remains unanswered.

I understand that they try to keep customers, but not in such a way. I'd expect that they have to provide this information as requested by email, otherwise this may be an ICANN issue.

Any ideas?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to transfer about 400 domains out of Godaddy to Fabulous. Is there any way to get all the authcodes in bulk?

A support request about this was answered that I have to go to each domain name through the web interface and have to click I don't know how many buttons.

A request for the same thing to my fantastic account exec. remains unanswered.

I understand that they try to keep customers, but not in such a way. I'd expect that they have to provide this information as requested by email, otherwise this may be an ICANN issue.

Any ideas?
Someone at the gaining registry should be able to provide you with an EPP code. If not, then consider another registrar.

Gee, seems like a great many large domain portfolio holders are leaving GoDaddy.

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How should the gaining registrar provide me with the authcodes? This would open all doors to unauthorized transfers :). This info has to come from Godaddy.

I emailed them again and will if necessary inform ICANN. With Registerfly they took action. Maybe they listening now a bit more to complaints...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is an EPP code that the gaining registrar will submit to GoDaddy. It is essentially a request between registrar and registar verifying that you have authorized the bulk transfer of domain names.

You will need to submit photo ID, fill out forms, etc. It is a security measure necessary to ensure that you are who you say you are and all the information is verified and processed before the transfer begins.

Rather than send your self 400 auth. codes to manually transfer each domain name one-by-one, this is an agreement (authorized by you) between registrar and registrar.

I've got nearly 3000 domains to do.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, that's what I did ;)

The reason why there are Better Business Bureau complaints against a company (in any industry) but at the same time also praise and glowing testimonials from other users is it often depends on the person you are dealing with at the company and is often not the fault of the firm involved but based more on the employee.

It's also possible since bulk auth codes are a relatively new GD feature your acct exec may not be aware of the capability.

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a little bit too simplistic few I do not accept.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a little bit too simplistic few I do not accept.

This is an example of Occams Razor

The reason I know this is that my GD acct rep voluntarily emailed me about 500 auth codes on names he knew I was going to transfer to Moniker a few weeks ago.

P.S. Why do you find it so hard to believe? Why would I bother to try and help you and make all this up? I should have known better than to particpate in this thread with a newbie like you.

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, you don't know me, so your assumptions may be wrong :). I did not write I don't believe you, I wrote I do not accept this. Be there razors and electric shavers somewhere on wiki :), I don't care. A company is always as good as their employees and if management is not able to provide e.g. proper training, who's fault is it?! That's what I mean with unacceptable.

It was weekend, maybe Godaddy needs a bit longer to rethink their support strategy and maybe I get an answer next week. Fabulous was able to reply within 30 mins.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Call Bob Parsons and ask for an earring from his collection; he will immediately release your EPP codes.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Per Domainnamewire:

UPDATED 2-13-07 11:30am CST:

I received an e-mail from GoDaddy indicating that it is possible to get the authorization codes in bulk. I did give GoDaddy the benefit of the doubt on this one by contacting support prior to assuming you could not get codes in bulk (support responded that they had to be done individually, but I don’t think the support representative understood my question). That said, here’s how you can get your authorization codes in bulk:

“When in the Domain Control Center with the domains listed, you can select the Exportable Lists folder on the left. From here select the ‘Add New Export’ option and include ‘Authorization Codes’ as an option in order to have your domain list sent to you with each authorization code.”

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)
AIM: monikermaurie
MSN: [email protected]

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks John, that's what I was looking for. Great help!

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
“When in the Domain Control Center with the domains listed, you can select the Exportable Lists folder on the left. From here select the ‘Add New Export’ option and include ‘Authorization Codes’ as an option in order to have your domain list sent to you with each authorization code.”

Very Very cool :eek:k: works like a charm

Thanks,
jim

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And just now I've got this answer to my third mail. It's always a great experience to talk to knowlegable support personal... (guess trader was right ;))

Godaddy Support said:
Thank you for contacting Online Support.

Unfortunatley this is the only process on obtaining the authorization codes and we are providing them at your request but you must do this through your account.

If you have any further questions please contact our transfer Department. Please email them at [email protected] or call them at 480-505-8866. Our transfer representatives are available seven days a week 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST.

Sincerely,

Online Support

I'm lovin' it :smilewinkgrin: :cool:

barkingmad

Level 2
Reaction score
:Quote: You will need to submit photo ID, fill out forms, etc. It is a security measure necessary to ensure that you are who you say you are and all the information is verified and processed before the transfer begins."

What are you smokin' ? ..when did you EVER provide a "photo ID" to buy a domain ?

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally got an answer from my acct. exec. after almost a week. Guess it's too late to rescue our relationship :). The important info is, there is room for negotiation, you simply have to kick their ass hard.

Godaddy Executive Accounts said:
Sorry for the late reply on this.
Attached is a list of the auth codes for the domains in the list below.

If we renewal all of your domains on an annual basis I can match that $6.75 rate for you if you would like to stay with us. That rate would be for the com,net, and info domains you have.

Looks like you have already started some of these transfers but, here are the rest of the auth codes.

Thank you

Too late for me.

Cheers,
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom