Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bulk email from namecaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why was I emailed from namecaster to join his forum, i assume he got my email from here, but how? it's not even my email that I use in my profile.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameTower
why was I emailed from namecaster to join his forum, i assume he got my email from here, but how? it's not even my email that I use in my profile.
Sorry you got spam from another forum. He must have looked you up in the whois directory.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doh. Dunno why people keep doing that. Thanks, GiantDomains... I'd asked this question before when someone else had sent out a mass e-mail to join a different forum. Didn't quite see how they'd go about harvesting, but that makes a lot of sense.

Somehow I don't think the owner of the forum NameCaster is a mod for would agree with that type behavior. Spam always seems to make the erroneous assumption that the sender is doing you a favor (and if you don't like it, just ignore it.) I've got thousands of "favors" in my inbox right now that I can't seem to find time to work through. :( The worst culprits are the legions that insist "This is a ONE TIME mailing! You won't hear from me again if you are not interested."

More people should think twice.

~ Nexus

S

Sammy

Yep some things don't change.....different site, same games. I'm sure it won't be the first piece of spam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom