Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bully phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got my first bully phone call.

A large firm in Wash. DC owns a Subsid. . The company name (subsid.) is generic. And, there is no trademark on the domain name I bought a couple weeks ago or the company name.

Apparently, a small competitor of this company has owned it for a long while. And, he was a pain in the ass to them.

The president of the billion company called saying that he spoke to ICANN and they told him to call us first before moving forward? The complication is that the domain registrar they were using did not get it before me.

And, they think it was wrong on my part to buy it?

Furthermore, the presidents assistant (2nd call) told me that they did not plan on actively using the name. But, wanted it for emails and login portal. And, at his old company, they sued someone and the person lost the name plus had to pay legal fees.

Unfortunately, this is a billion dollar company. And, we are only 30 miles away from each other.

The additional irony is that I bought the .com and .net on the day it dropped. With a strong name, the .com and .net usually don't become available at the same time.

So, for the past 1/2 hour, I just sit here and shake my head. Wondering "Why I am not seeing this correctly from 'there' position."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom