Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bump in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO, deterring bumps with no further info was a good idea. Thank you to DNF.
see http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=82792

However today/night I have noticed that when I try to post further info, like offer recieved at $50, ir just adds the text to my last post and doesn't get bumped

Meanwhile, the quality of the posts that are bumped is questionable
By posting some inane comment/opinion to what was already a "chat" type post the reply gets bumped.
For example " Hello I am a newbie" and 17 people post welcome resulting in 17 bumps
Or worse still when someone feels compelled to post a reply to every post with opinions and comments that add nothing
For example : " your portfolio is worth $xxx,xxx" when judging by the lack of posts it is actually worth sfa

At the same time the person trying to sell a good name at a reasonable price doesn't now get bumped when they post a price reduction etc
There is no doubt that bumps help make sales especially price related bumps

Or is it now a 24 hour rule on follow up posts in for sale threads?

You might have guessed that my mood at the moment is less than magnificent, which was caused by bumping my head in the very hot night here in melb, oz.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a hack to prevent members talking to themselves in threads - you can do it after 24 hours but it's designed to avoid you getting an addiction.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
It's a hack to prevent members talking to themselves in threads - you can do it after 24 hours but it's designed to avoid you getting an addiction.
Fair enough
Thank you Mr W for the concise explanation

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frankly I don't like it.... DNF survived long enough without it.... sales threads where you update with the latest best offer or a price reduction is now pretty useless!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
....sales threads where you update with the latest best offer or a price reduction is now pretty useless!

Hardly! - you can edit your first post with the update information, add to you last post or wait just 24 hours to post again.
Of course if someone has posted in your thread during the 24 hour period then the hack allows you to re-post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom