Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Burnt by Godaddy hosting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Godaddy helpdesk says we can't get stats without a $35-20 surcharge? How many calls to Godaddy do YOU make per hosting account per month?

I have NEVER seen a certain hosting account work properly. I think they have the account hosted on some red-headed stepserver in the boonies under a fallen batch of power lines. . The "supervisor" we called back didn't care that we couldn't launch the hosting account on 2 computers in 4 different browsers. Oh well yuh know sometimes we have problems ....uhhhh. 24 hours.

StopDaddy.com.

Last edited:

BookMarc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
personally, in all my years in business i have never hosted anything with any registrar... the hosting business was added as an "after thought" and though they have over time gained some experience in the hosting business it still remains a grey area for most part. and the hosting business survives and grows because they have marketing (5 steps just to register a domain where they throw in 50 different options you dont need and or want - including hosting) and web hosting rookies who do not want to and know about hosting.

go to webhostingtalk.com and find yourself someone with hosting experience.

GDHosting

Go Daddy Hosting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
myst woman,

We do offer a statistics package with all of our hosting accounts. More information on accessing your stats can be found through the following link:
http://help.godaddy.com/article/92

Sorry to hear about the hosting account issues. If you private message me with more details, I would be happy to take a look.

Regards,

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edited

Last edited:

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Godaddy owns dnForum.

Do you think if it was know GD owned dnForum it would lose members and attract a bunch of newbie that would complain about paying a membership fee. :approve:

Seems to be a lot of different GD user names on dnForum...

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Do you think if it was know GD owned dnForum it would lose members and attract a bunch of newbie that would complain about paying a membership fee. :approve:

DNForum.com is not owned by GoDaddy. As for the accounts, we have many from several different related companies - Pool, Parked, EscrowDNS, and Sedo just to name a few (plus many people who are industry leaders on their own).

The membership fees are used to help keep this community running including, but not limited to, hosting, programmers who help improve the community, the help desk, etc.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

???
What crap you said??
The day GD own DNF I'm out :D

X Myst...before pay for an hosting next time use google to find some informations...who's that crazy guy/girl that use GD for hosting?? :?:

Hostgator is the way to go...

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Host yourself, I thought all domainers were hosting resellers!

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got burnt again. After 5 days i get
the dreaded box of no access inside the account manager for the hosting connection.

yes, kids after 5 days of complaing you can log in but they won't let you install!

Godaddy you people need to seriously review your broken, crippled hosting services.

Last edited:

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
because i keep thinking 1 out of every 8 purchased hosting accounts might work. Right?

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally hate godaddy as well. I just posted a message on my awful experience with them. It took me 4 programmers (all professionals) who didn't understand why my stuff didn't work, until I told each of them that I was using GoDaddy and they immediatley told me that they no longer wanted to work with me if I was using GD. hahaha... BOO GO DADDY!

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I don't think Godaddy owns dnforum.com. I believe Adam Dicker owns dnforum.com, and he is a Godaddy VP and/or employee.

I'm not a big fan of Adam Dicker, but I'm going to try Godaddy hosting for a very substantial site.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
broe-foe,

If you are considering transfering or creating a "substantial site" with GoDaddy STOP right now. DO NOT, I repeat, DONOT use GoDaddy for ANY hosting at all. If you care about your website and want it to grow and expand, use a real hosting service. Just trust me, there wouldn't be 1000 websites out there complaining about GoDaddy if it wasn't true. I mean just the fact that someone took the time to create an entire .com site based on why not to use GoDaddy should say enough. Just please, head my warning and steer clear of them and their God awful, non functioning hosting plans!

Good luck!

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its taking forever for my servers to resolve.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
???
What crap you said??
The day GD own DNF I'm out :D

X Myst...before pay for an hosting next time use google to find some informations...who's that crazy guy/girl that use GD for hosting?? :?:

Hostgator is the way to go...

i guess i am crazy b/c i use gd hosting.i really hate it though.it's too much hassle.the only reason i use gd is b/c i've been with them from the beginning.i'm really considering hostgator though,heard lots of good things.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i switched to the gator, everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom